Chapter 14

Chapter 14 - Why does it bother me

LillieAnne's POV

So for all day, I knew Kylie could tell something was bothering me, but she hadn't asked what was bothering me. I think we both knew what was actually bothering me, since she has always seen the quintuplets everytime we would go our own ways.

For the rest of the school day, the boy never came back to school. I really hope everything was alright with them and their family. Once the school day was over and had texted all the boys on what was going on and heard nothing back from them. I met up with Kylie at her locker and then to head to her soccer practice "you know, I know, what is bothering you, I know you wished they would of said bye and hugged you, I am sorry that they didn't" Kylie said to me as we walked to the locker rooms so she could change. "I wish it didn't bother me as bad as it does right now" I said back to her.

We reached the locker room and she told me to give her about 15 minutes and then that she would meet me outside at the bleachers. As I sat on the bleacher, I took out her werewolf book from her bag and decided I would read it while waiting for her to come out and start practice.

Quintuplet: Connor POV

I was thankful that LillieAnne ended up talking about what happened and glad to know she wasn't upset with me and I bet she was happy to know I wasn't upset with her either. My brothers and I ended up switching our classes to match with hers and so thankful we had done so!

While we all sat together at lunch, it was nice to know what we do get along with LillieAnne's brothers (the ones that we share lunch period with) and to be able for all of us to get to know one another, meaning their sister is our mate. I was hyper aware of how close LillieAnne was sitting next to me, listening to her heart rate beating calmly and contently next to myself and my brothers.

After lunch was over, as soon as we were about to walk to class with our sweet mates, my brothers and I all received a message from our parents, uncles, aunts, and cousin about needing to get back home quickly, as there is a higher alpha coming into town to check out the area and possibly give us more pack members from his pack to expand his own.

The biggest mistake my brothers and I could all make was upsetting our mate, we have never left her without a goodbye and a hug and even her best friend, Kylie knows this! However, there was no time to waste, we needed to get back home.

I can tell my brothers and I all felt the same way, we could all sense her sadness and confusion.