ⱄⰔ chapter two: pink and blue hues

chapter two: pink and blue hues 

I sat just as he had instructed me to, with a headache that trailed through every sludge of my brain. My ankles were bruised, along with both of my forearms, my thighs, and the nape of my neck.

It all rushed at me too soon--the worried looks of my crew-mates as they frantically nudged my shoulders about two-dozen times, our doctor injecting me with yard-long needles, and the sternness of Moss' eye. It didn't make any sense. Our ship's doctor, Chopper, managed to shoo them all away, and sat beside me to offer, what he called, emotional support. It mattered very little to me. I didn't need any, which I continued to repeat. Yet, he insisted.

"Chopper, I'm fine." I muddled, attempting to shrug his wandering paw from my shoulder.

He furrowed, roughly pulling my arm back to him. "You're not, stupid. Now, hold still."

He rubbed my shoulder slightly, then stood to his hooves to swiftly bolt back to his office, leaving me to sit helpless as I stared out at sea. I waited patiently in the grass--the soft, green grass--running my finger through it as I hummed through my tongue. I have very little remembrance of what had happened. Simply, I don't know why everyone's so wrapped and worried about me. I've been okay for as long as I can remember. And that has been a long time.

Chopper rushed back to me with tools and chemical drinks in small tubes stacked loosely in his small, blue pouch, and raised his hoof to reveal a green tube. I shook my head to politely reject the offer. Yet, he insisted I swallow. Said, I'd fall asleep immediately, and he'd be given the opportunity to see what's wrong with me without my input. I attempted to reject once more, but of course, he insisted.

I relaxed myself and lifted the drink to my lips. I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted him operating on my unconscious body, but since it'd calm him and the others, I decided to give it a try. I let the acidic liquid slip down my throat, and just as Chopper had disclaimed, everything had gone black.

...

My eyes opened to the bright, beaming light of the small clinic, and my vision wandered lazily to observe the room. Chopper sat at his desk scribbling down notes, but turned when he noticed me.

"You're awake," he smiled, hopping from his chair and chucking towards me. "You weren't out for too long. About an hour or so."

I tried to nod with very little strength in my neck.

"On the next island, we must retrieve a special mushroom for you." His voice grew strong, his brown eyes observing my limp body as I attempted to sit up as normal as possible. "It's for medicine, of course."

He rubbed his fur belly and let out a sigh. As I looked closer, I could tell the reindeer was stressed, but couldn't wrap my head around what it exactly was. Perhaps he was just worried for me. Perhaps he was just tired. Either way, I didn't think to ask. Chopper allowed me an opportunity to leave, as he had an important matter to tend. He advised me to get plenty of rest, avoid any impulsive activities, and that the crew would be reaching the island soon. I had nodded my head properly--weakly, but with a bit more strength than my neck could've previously given.