𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 • 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬?

"He said he didn't want to help. We shouldn't force him to."

"Mr. Beck, with all due respect, I don't care whether or not he wants to. He's helping us in Prague."

Stella didn't want to argue with Nick Fury, but Quentin was right. Peter was just a kid, and he didn't think he was ready to take on the Elementals. Which meant he probably wasn't, so she didn't know why Fury kept pushing to get him back. Quentin sighed. "At least don't bring the other kids here. They might get hurt by the attack." Fury raised an eyebrow. "How else am I going to get Parker here?" Stella deadpanned, "Kidnap him." Quentin widened his eyes at her. "Don't give him ideas!" Stella laughed a little. Fury stood and went to make the call.

Quentin sat back in a chair, leaning on the armrest, and looked up at Stella. "I know Peter could help, but he doesn't want to, and to be honest I don't blame him. He's on vacation." Stella sat next to him. "I didn't want to help, but Fury made me come anyways. He's very persistent. But I'm glad I came. I want to help you guys." Quentin smiled at her. "I'm glad you're here, too." Stella felt warmth rush to her face for a reason she couldn't quite place, and she looked down. "Thanks."

Wait, why did I blush? ...I guess it just feels good to be told you're needed. Or- She looked up suddenly. Oh no. Quentin was concerned. "Are you okay?" Stella bit her lip. "Ah, yeah. I, um... remembered something." Quentin tensed up inexplicably. Stella furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you okay?" Quentin shook off whatever it was and his smile returned, this time weak. "Yeah, sorry, just... flashbacks."

Stella let out a soft ohh. "Sorry." Quentin closed his eyes. "No, it's okay. It doesn't happen a lot. I try to forget my past, but it's just hard sometimes." Stella nodded. "I know what you mean. I've never had... that happen to me, but there's a lot I want to forget." Quentin looked at her again, a smile tugging at his lips. "It's nice to be able to talk about it." Stella smiled back. Wow, his eyes are so blue. WAIT NO SHUT UP YOU DUMMY HE JUST LOST HIS FAMILY.

These feelings have to go.

•••★•••

i'm still listening to "someone you loved" on repeat and tbh it goes pretty good with what i have planned for these two

also I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LATE AND SHORT AAAAH