𝐭𝐰𝐨 • 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

It had been eight months since Stella- and half the universe- had gotten back to somewhat normal. She'd finally found an apartment. She was moving a few things in when her phone began buzzing. She frowned slightly at the screen as the words UNKNOWN CALLER appeared. She sent it to voicemail. If it was actually important, they'd leave a voicemail.

Stella didn't think anything of it until two hours later, when the same message filled her screen. She huffed, setting a pan on the kitchen counter and clicking ACCEPT. A deep, gravelly, familiar voice came through the speaker. "Fiertwist. Trying to dodge my calls?" Stella narrowed her eyes. "Who is this?"

"You worked for Stark, correct?"

"Yeah. Wh-?"

"Then how do you not know who I am?"

Stella stopped for a moment. "Nick Fury?"

Fury sighed in annoyance. "No, Captain America. Yes, it's Nick Fury."

"Why are you calling me?"

"I'll explain when you get to Venice."

Stella almost tripped over a box, catching herself before she fell. "Venice? Italy?"

There was a pause, then Fury hissed, "I was told you were smart, Fiertwist. You're coming here in a couple of days. You should get a plane ticket in the mail for a 1pm flight. Understood?" Stella blinked in disbelief. "Uh, yeah, understood." Her phone beeped three times, indicating Fury had hung up. Why was he so annoyed? It wasn't like she traveled to Venice on a daily basis, or that she'd been planning to go. Then again, she had no other plans, as usual.

Stella went downstairs to her new mailbox and was mildly surprised to see an envelope addressed to her. She'd only started moving in the other day. Fury knows everything, I guess. She went back to her apartment and into her bedroom, beginning to move some of her clothes from their boxes to a suitcase.

•••★•••

T R A S H