𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 • 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝

Stella took a sip of her coffee, bored out of her mind. Nothing good was on TV. She didn't have anywhere she had to be. She reached for the remote again, deciding to check again, but when she touched the remote, her fingertips began turning to ash.

She gasped and stood, staring at her arm as it disintegrated before her deep brown eyes. Then the rest of her began to turn. The odd thing was, it didn't hurt- instead, it felt as if she were merely, peacefully, falling asleep.

☽☽☽♢☾☾☾

~𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑~

When Stella woke up, she was still standing in the middle of her living room. Except it wasn't her living room anymore. It was someone else's, and they weren't very happy with someone popping in unannounced. She murmured, "Am I dreaming?" The woman frowned at her. "No, you're standing in the middle of my apartment. Who are you?"

Stella scrunched her nose up, extremely confused. "Your apartment? Isn't this apartment 6a?" The woman lowered her eyebrows at Stella and was about to say something- probably something rude- when the TV interrupted her. A special report was coming in from the national news. "This is breaking news coming in from all parts of the world. We have reports of people thought to have disappeared, reappearing where they left from. Five years ago, about half of the world's population- including animals- disappeared in what was known as 'The Blip'. These people have been reappearing over the last few minutes."

Stella turned to the woman, who was starting to realize what had happened. "Oh. You- you blipped." Stella glanced back at the TV, which was showing videos of people reappearing exactly where they'd disappeared. "I guess so. Wait- what?" She glanced out the window. "It's been five years?" The woman confirmed it with a nod and Stella gasped, "It felt like a minute or two! Oh no, no no no." She glared at the woman. "Where's my stuff?" The woman shrugged, a little bit of fear sneaking into her expression.

Stella closed her eyes and breathed deeply for a few seconds. Then she turned on her heel and made her way to the door. "I've gotta go find Alena."

•••★•••

sorry this is short and it's dumb already ahaha-