iv- accidents happen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕:
         accidents happen...

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕:         accidents happen

... september 2, 1993

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 the great hall, it were evident that last night, everyone had seen the headlines of the evening prophet. if they didn't happen to, the daily prophet had managed to fit in the same headline, perhaps even bigger, on that morning's newspaper. nova was particularly grumpy about that.

ginny and nova were sitting in the great hall for breakfast with ginny's brother's friends.

"oh yeah, nova, what were you going to tell me last night?" ginny asks.

"oh, um, nevermind that anymore," nova laughs nervously, except harry had decided to spit his orange juice out at that exact moment.

ginny awkwardly handed harry a napkin.

"you still haven't told her yet?" harry asks with amusement, giving ginny a smile for the napkin. ginny blushed a furious shade of red.

nova scowls at him. "i'll tell her when we're in a more private environment," she says through gritted teeth, looking down at the eggs on her plate.

ginny raised her eyebrows at the two, but didn't say anything more.

"so, bellatrix's daughter, any ideas who she might be?" ron asks.

nova immediately tenses up and had stopped forking eggs into her mouth, which had suddenly become dry. she reached over for a goblet full of orange juice, and took a small sip.

"millicent bullstrode," harry replies firmly, with a grin on his face. nova spat out her juice at once, everyone's head turning to look at her. she gave them all a sheepish grin and snatched the napkin harry had used earlier.

"what's with everyone spitting out their drinks today?" ron asks.

"good one harry, she's just as much as a freak," ginny says, completely ignoring ron. ron rolled his eyes at how his sister was sucking up to harry.

millicent bullstrode was a burly girl; wide shoulders, squash face covered in acne, and a pound of dandruff on the greasiest hair ever, well besides snape of course.

"personally, i think that it isn't possible for bellatrix lestrange to have a daughter," hermione pipes up. "i mean she's a crazy woman after all, locked up in azkaban, that is."

nova drowned out the rest of the chatter as her gaze fell upon her beloved cousin, except he had seemed to be more affected than nova about the news. his brows were furrowed, and eyes unfocused. his right hand had his fork dangling haphazardly in his hand, him paying little attention to it. his eyes suddenly snapped up and his gaze burned into nova. a wave of fear washed upon his features as he looked upon nova, before he suddenly shook his head and his face fell back into the usual smug look printed into his face.