Marinette didn't believe him, something deep inside her told her he was right but she felt that she had met the creature before. The moment she thought about it, she forgot again, and instead gave her friend a tearful nod. She feels as the leather takes over his regular clothing, the fabric was soft to the touch and smelled like the expensive detergents and soaps she would sometimes smell whenever she would f̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ walk past the stores that sold them. The smells complimented him, the clash of baby's breath flowers and honeysuckle from the soaps, and then his smell.

Marinette would think about what he smelled like for the rest of the day but wouldn't be able to name it. Shortly after Chat left Marinette got dressed, hurriedly brushed her teeth and then zoomed out of her parent's bakery right as the bell rung. Her ankles stung from being sprained but they surprisingly didn't hurt as bad as she thought they would. Almost like she was experienced in pain.

The moment she walked in apologizing, her hair sticking out in certain places and wearing baggy clothing with her eyes still red and puffy from having a near panic attack just twenty minutes earlier, Adrian was beside her doing the same thing. He was out of breath and bent over with his hands on his knees and Marinette nearly told him to stand up straight so that he could breath better. He also had messy hair and crinkled clothing, his bag had papers sticking out of it and his cheeks and nose were red like when the wind blows too hard in the winter.

Mrs. Bustier blinks, looking up from her clipboard where she had been taking roll call before furrowing her eyes rows and becoming conflicted. She knew she should do something, give Adrian lines or send him to the principal for running out the day prior and abducting Marinette in his doing so, plus he was late but then she looked over to Marinette.

Marinette had always been a good and respectful student, she always dressed nice and made sure to be kind to everyone. Even during that year or so when she separated herself from everyone, she was still helpful and kind to most, and still dressed in nice clothes however dark or big they were. Whenever she didn't have a smile on her face she still partook in class and work and did her best to keep her grades up.

But a good teacher always noticed the signs. She could separate the truthful excuses from the lame ones, she could tell whenever a student didn't have the heart to do something, and she could tell whenever a student wasn't always—er well, particularly on the bright side, like they always had a dark cloud looming over them.

Marinette had her cloud, a possibly even bigger one than before she disappeared, and it was sticking to her like glue. So the teacher sighs and welcomes the two to the class but tells them that they'll have to pay extra attention today and sends them over to their seats. They both thank her for her mercy and smile at each other, a small kindness neither give up the chance to gift to each other.

Marinette goes and sits down next to Alya who is ecstatic to see her but questions her a lot about where she went with Adrian yesterday and why she wasn't answering her calls and where her earrings were. "I never had any earrings Alya, and Adrian took me to see...an old friend...I think." Marinette had replied, her eyebrows furrowing with frustration at not being able to remember.

"Woah, okay girl, don't blow a fuse, it's okay! I'm just glad that you're back, I was really scared that you wouldn't come back." Alya had said with a tearful and pitiful smile, taking her best friend's hand. "Yeah, yeah okay. Sorry, the doctors told me it's normal that my memory would be messed up, I'm probably just forgetting stuff still," once again Marinette recalled the fact that she was a liar. The doctors were right, she did forget some stuff. But she could feel that that wasn't the only thing, something was making her forget, she could feel it. She knew it she knew it she knew it she knew it.