Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Mona & Ciel, hmm *chef's kiss*

I was still sitting on the hard ground, the side of my arms locking my knees while my tearful face was still buried in my palms, sobbing my sincerest truth that I've never told someone about.

"I do... I do love you, Ciel... I do..." My sobs were loud but my voice was weak and cracked. But the crack in my voice was nothing compared to the one in my chest... It was something that couldn't be fixed overnight.

"I love you... I really do..." I sobbed like there's no tomorrow. Wala na akong pakialam kahit sino pa man ang makakita sa akin dito.

"Mona..."

I froze and I stopped breathing the moment I heard my favorite voice, calling my name, delicately. I slowly jerked on my left and my heart almost stopped beating the moment I encountered those deep brown eyes, staring at me with gentle graze.

"Ciel?" I began to sob again the moment his name slips out from my shaking lips.

He was sitting on the ground too. He was beside me. I don't know how long he's been here but his presence makes me feel more emotional.

His hand went up to cup my cheek, his thumb running across my skin, wiping my tears.

"It's me, baby." He confirmed, almost a whisper. I nearly lost it the moment he called me like that again. God, I love it when he calls me like that.

"You came back." Umiiyak ko pa ring sabi.

His jaw clenched, nodding his head but the gentleness in his eyes was still there.

I touched his hand that's cupping my cheek. My heart melted at the sudden connection of his warm skin against mine.

"Mona," he called me again. "Did... Did I hear that right? You... You love me?" His voice was low and his eyes were tainted with amusement.

My lips curled down, unconsciously forming a pout as I nodded my head without any hesitation. "I do... I still do. I love you, Ciel... God, you have no idea how much I love you." I cried, gasping for air.

It feels good to finally let these words out that I've been keeping on the depths of my chest for a long damn time.

He was still staring at me with a lot of emotions, battling inside his eyes but I'm certain and I can feel that all of them were good.

"I'm sorry, Ciel... I'm so sorry for making you feel that way. I'm so sorry that I made you think that you don't matter to me because you do, Ciel. You have no idea how much I value you..." I sincerely said, stroking my thumb on the back of his palm.

"Every stare of your eyes, every word that you speak, every warmth that you share with me, and every smile that you give... they all mean the world to me. Those are my everything, Ciel. Anything that involves you is something that I don't want to live without." I confessed as I let all my armors fall, allowing him to see how whipped I am for him.

A warm smile crept on his lips as he eyes me like I'm the most beautiful and delicate creature in the whole wide world.

"I'm so tired of hating you, Ciel. I'm so tired of telling myself not to love you when every beat that my heart makes was all meant for you. Ayoko na, Ciel... I don't want to fight back anymore. I just wanna come home to you..." I cried to him like I was a damn baby.

"Come here," he whispered, looking at me softly as he wrapped his arms around me, gently pulling me up to stand up with him.

I let him. Because he was firm and I was delicate.