Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Women And Men 

I should be sleeping right now. 

It was already 2 AM and I was still wide awake, moving back and forth on my bed, thinking what the fuck is wrong with me. 

I was home at exactly 11:40 and I was tired and exhausted from all the things that Ciel and I did from 6 PM to 11 PM. 

I should be damn sleeping right now… But his words, the look on his face, his intoxicating scent, the way those deep brown eyes stares and suck every oxygen in my lungs, and the way that irresisti-fucking-ble dimple shows every damn time he smirk or smile or press his lips together, they were all fucking vivid inside my head. 

Maybe I was just guilty because I know that he has a long flight tomorrow pero pumayag pa rin akong magtagal kami sa Comercio at hinayaan ko pa siyang ihatid ako dito sa bahay. Dapat nagpapahinga siya. 

But still, I can’t deny the fact that the last night that I spent with him was awesome. That was the first time that I went to that place and I’d hate how he is who I am going to remember once I came back to that place again. 

I scooted on the edge of my bed, stretching my head to reach out for my phone on the bed side table. Naningkit ang mga mata ko dahil sa pagkasilaw nang buksan sindian ko ang phone ko. 

I unlocked my phone, tapped the messenger out and began typing the name: Ciel Alfieri. 

When the blank profile appeared, pinindot ko kaagad. He doesn’t have a profile photo, based on what I see on our group chat. Damn. 

If I was a man and I have a face like that, I would probably print a tarpulin with my face on it and hangs it outside our house… I’m kidding, I won’t do that.

But honestly, despite how worth flexing his appearance is, he always tries to keep it lowkey on social media, he was like that ever since highschool.

And I prefer guys who change their DP after every 3 years— not that I prefer Ciel Alfieri because I was talking in general. And in my opinion, guys who are lowkey in social media are much more attractive. 

I don’t know how long I’ve been staring at our conversation, I tried to scroll up and the last chat that he sent me was a ‘goodnight’ with a smiley face on it. That was a few years ago, during highschool noong nag-uusap kami halos gabi-gabi tungkol sa school and I was still fat by that time. 

Napangisi na lang ako nang maalala ko. Siya ang unang nag chat sa akin noon at ramdam ko pa ang pagtalon ng puso ko dahil crush na crush ko siya. Nagtanong lang siya kung may quiz bukas pero ‘yung kilig ko para akong sinabihan ng ‘I love you’. Gano’n pala ako kabaliw kay Ciel noon? Grabe, parang tanga. 

Natawa ako sa sarili ko bago pinindot ang ‘unblock button’ It says that he was active 35 minutes ago. Maybe he was sleeping already. Well, that’s good at least I get to type whatever I want to type. 

Kinagat ko ang pang-ibabang labi ko bago inumpisahan ang pagtitipa. 

Me:

Have a safe flight tomorrow. Ingat kaaa! Thank you for tonight. I really had fun, Pascal! Hahaha 

I grinned the moment I sent my message to him. Ano kayang reaction niya kapag nakita niya ito bukas paggising niya? 

“Ay shit!” Nabitawan ko ang phone ko at sumapol iyon sa mukha ko nang bigla siyang nag ‘active now’ at sineen ang message ko! 

“Tangina, tangina…” I kept on murmuring through gritted teeth as I press my phone on my chest. I can even feel my own heart beating so damn loud!