Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Love And Hate. Two Emotions. All At Once. 

I don’t know how long we’ve been here inside his car, him driving, me sitting on his passenger’s seat and none of us are saying a word. I can still feel my eyes are quite swollen from all the crying that I did and he didn’t let me go, not until I stopped crying. 

Pasimple ko siyang sinipat, he was still in his uniform just like me. White polo shirt, black slacks, black leather shoes, dark brown hot as fuck curls. His jaw was firmly clenched and his full attention was on the road. I’m having a good view of his bulky and veiny arms as his hands firmly gripped on his steering wheel. 

I almost jumped on my own skin when his head slightly tilted towards me, giving me a side glance. “You alright?” He asked, looking back and forth at me and on the road. 

He’s really got that low yet firm voice whenever he talks. A low kind that smoothly goes inside your ears and a firm kind that somehow sends intimidation to the receiver. It’s me. I’m the receiver. 

“Mona…” He pressed, licking his bottom lip. 

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat. “Yeah… I’m alright.” I told him, giving him a slight smile. 

He nods slightly pushing a sigh, clenching his jaw before drawing back his eyes on the road. 

“Ciel…” I called him. 

He gave me a brief glance, raising his brows. “Hmm?” Kagat labi niyang sabi. 

“You think we can still go back to normal? I mean, the three of us? A-After the stupid stunt that I tried to pull?” I asked him, chewing my bottom lip nervously. Ang tanga-tanga ko naman kasi… My Mom was right. I must never ever make a decision once I’m too overwhelmed and livid. But at least I get to tell him what I really feel about him. 

He released his bottom lip. “I honestly don’t know…” He replied, clicking his tongue. “Ba’t mo naman kasi ginawa ‘yon?” Nangunot ang noo niya. 

“Bakit hindi? I know it didn’t come out the way I wanted it to be but at least I get to tell him what I really feel.” I told Ciel matter of factly. 

He smiled at me. A kind of smile that is full of sarcasm. “And there’s also a possibility that your friendship with him will be ruined. Way to fucking go, Mona…” 

I slightly frowned. “You put yourself in my shoes. Halimbawa ikaw may crush ka since grade 10 ka tapos naging close mo noong nag grade 12 ka, won’t you do the same? Kikimkimin mo na lang ba ang feelings mo para sa kanya hanggang sa mabaliw ka?” I challenged. 

“Matagal na ‘kong baliw…” He murmured something into himself that I failed to hear. 

“Ano?” I asked, my brows furrowing. 

Tiningnan niya ako. “I’d rather not tell her about my feelings…” Seryoso niyang saad habang nakatingin sa mga mata ko. My mouth slightly parted, giving him a quite disbelief look.

He shrugged. “She’s my friend and I can’t risk the only thing that’s keeping me to be with her.” 

“Duwag ka pala sa pag-ibig…” I said with a sigh, I was quite amused because of my sudden discovery. Wow. Si Ciel Dmitri Alfieri III? Duwag sa pag-ibig? Bakit? I mean, damn! Look at him! He could even just raise his middle finger in the air and women would still find him attractive. 

“Hindi ako duwag. Alam ko naman ang sagot na makukuha ko kaya bakit pa ako aamin?” 

Tiningnan ko siya at ilang sandaling napakurap. Bakit ba ang seryoso niya? May pinagdadaanan ba ‘to?