Lovers-Hester

"Okay, so you're saying that we have to love each other to get home. Not as best friends, but 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴." I said bitterly, tasting the last word on my tongue. Anadil nodded, hair a waterfall of white, her ruby eyes sunken and tired.

She didn't intend for me to know. Anadil was out when I discovered the message. I had seen a bathroom towel lying on the floor of the bathtub and removed it to reveal the bloody message. The message, etched deep in the porcelain, was bloody red and written in a regal script. I had stared at it, so deep and lost in thought that I didn't hear Anadil coming in, eyes wide, and only when she let out a gasp did I turn and see her.

Now, both of us were seated on the sofa, mulling over the message from the Storian. I was absolutely muddled right now. So I had to 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 Anadil to get us home safe? Sacrifice my sanity for safety? Oh God. Please no. But inside my heart, I knew. I knew my true feelings for my covenmate. My cheeks heated slightly, and I shoved the feeling down before Anadil noticed.

"What do you want to do, then." I hadn't intended it to be a question.
"I don't know. Hester, I'm so stressed right now."
"Who isn't?"
"Well, I know you hate love, so we aren't going home, are we?"
I looked at her. Anadil looked back at me. She was longing for us to become more than friends, more than leader and henchman. Anadil wanted a Never After. With me. And for the first time in my life, I let her feelings for me rush in, opening my heart and letting the ice encasing it crack open, revealing a soul. A soul just as longing for her love.

I held her stunning gaze. I seized her waist, pulled her forward, her beautiful eyes widening in shock...

Just an inch apart, our lips grazing each other...

(ik im so evil for letting that hang again)