EP 25: Mahakali unleashed

Lord Siva and Parvati Devi returned back to Kailash after their marriage. Lord Siva took Gauri to a private room.

 "O Mahadeva, I wanted to ask you a question ever since I met you. Why was I attached to you since my birth? Who am I? Did we meet each other before?"

"O Devi, you still consider yourself as an ordinary woman. But you are not a mortal. You are not a normal wife of mine. You are the Jagatjanani (Mother of the Universe) who incarnated as Sati to marry me. She incarnated as Sati married me. But due to circumstances, she burnt herself to death. She re-incarnated to marry him. Sati is none other than you, Gauri. You will be my consort eternally."

"O Deva, I am stunned to hear this. I never knew I am a Goddess."

"You are Mahamaya, the reason for this creation. You are Shakti of mine. Without you, this Siva is just a corpse."

"Mahadeva!!! Don't say like that. Don't say like that at this auspicious day."

"Well, this is the truth, Girija (Parvati)!"

Lord Siva and Devi Gauri lived happily in Kailash. One day, Gauri woke up from deep sleep.

She went and saw outside. The Devas were engaging in a battle with Asuras headed by Sage Sukracharya to take revenge.

"What is this, Oh Mahadev?!"

"Demons are back for revenge. Diti gave birth to evil demons like Hiranyaksh, Hiranyakashipu, Tarakasura, Shumb and Nishumb. Shumb and Nishumb have become powerful by getting a boon from Brahma deva that they cannot be killed by any Gods and Devas and can be killed only by a woman. Now, with the arrogance of power, Shumb and Nishumb have sent Chand and Mund with armies to attack Heaven, Kailash and Vaikunta."

"O Deva, Please protect these people from this evil demons. You areMahadeva, the spiritual master of this Universe!"

"Devi, We, Trideva, keep up the promises and boons of each other. So according to Brahma deva's boon, I cannot kill these demons."

Immediately a loud noice came from the battlefield. Chand and Mund started attacking Nandi and other devotees of Gauri Maheshwara!

"O Uma-Maheshwara, protect us! Protect us from these cruel ones."

"O Mahadeva, I won't be silent anymore."

Devi Parvati immediately took a sword and reached the battlefield. 

"O Demons, I am giving you, one last chance. Get away from here or else you have to face my wrath."

Chand and Mund became mesmerized by Parvati's beauty. They immediately got disappeared. 

The Devas were wounded deeply. Devi Gauri with her powers blessed them to get healed soon.

With few minutes, Chand and Mund were back! Parvati was astonished. 

"O Devi, You have the divine beauty which no lady has in this world. Our King Shumb wanted to marry, O gorgeous lady. Accept him as your master and serve him. This is his proposal."

Before Chand could say anything, his head was chopped down! Devi Parvati was not in the fair-complexed form.

She was dark, her hair was disheveled. She had eyes of red blood color filled with rage. She had four hands totally.

 She had four hands totally

She had a sword in her hand

She had a sword in her hand.With that she again chopped the heads of other demons and Mund who attacked her.

She took those heads and connected them into a garland and wore it. She started screaming in wrath.

Shumb hearing this message immediately sent Raktabheeja

Shumb hearing this message immediately sent Raktabheeja. Raktabheeja was a demon who had a boon that whenever a drop of blood of him falls on the ground, it takes another form of Raktabheeja. He can multiply into many with that.

When she pierced him with her sword, blood oozed from his body and took many forms of duplicate Raktabheeja. Devi become more wrathful.

She immediately took a bowl in her hand and cut off each heads and started drinking their blood by holding the head. All Gods and Devas started fearing seeing this fierce form of her.

Soon, Raktabheeja got destroyed in this way. Everyone praised her by singing her glories.

"She will be called as Mahakali as she is dark-complexed and has divine beauty. She will be called as Chamundeshwari as she killed the demon Chand and Mund. Hail Devi Mahakali! Hail Devi Chamundeshwari!!"

But Mahakali was not pacified by these glories. She roared in never cooling rage. She started attacking other innocent creatures!

Devas got frightened. "O Mahadeva, Protect us. Pacify the mother. Only you can do this, Lord Siva!".

Devas knelt before MahaKali as she advance towards them.

TO BE CONTINUED...

(Published on 21st July 2020,Tuesday)