EP 24: Jaya and Vijaya get cursed

"O dear son-in-law, can you explain about your ancestors? Oh! You don't have an ancestor! A man without an ancestor? Isn't it a disgrace to my daughter?"

Everyone's face was blank. Lord Siva and Parvati Devi were silent. Sage Narada immediately plucked the strings of his veena: Tang! Tang!

"O sage, Why are you making this sound?"

Tang! Tang! Tang! Narada made it again

Narada said, "This is his antecedence. He has no father, he has no mother."

"I can't understand. What is its basis then?"

"Tang... His basis is sound, reverberation. He has no parentage, no antecedents, no lineage. He is swayambhu – self-created, a being without antecedents."

Hearing this, Himavan realized his folly. God is never born because God doesn't have death. Those who have birth will have death too.

The marriage function happened successfully. Parvati and Siva returned to Kailash and they were invited by Ganas and devotees grandly.

Meanwhile, Diti became pregnant again by forcing her husband as she wanted more sons to defeat Devas.

One day, Brahma's sons, Sanatana Kumaras wished to meet Lord Narayana and take his blessings. So they went to Vaikunta. They crossed all the 6 gates with their purity.

As they were about to cross the 7th gate, 

"Stop! Who are you all?" said the gatekeepers of Vaikunta- Jaya and Vijaya

"We are Sanata Kumaras."

"Why have you come here? This is not a playground", asked Vijaya

"We wish to meet the supreme Personality of Godhead- Sriman Narayana."

"What? Hahahahahahaha!! Did you see, Vijaya, kids wanted to meet the Lord. Hahahahaha!!", Jaya mocked at them.

"Please let us leave."

"How short you people are? Do you think your age deserved that? We are wondering how come you cross the 6 gates of Vaikunta! Just get out from here, kids."

"O Arrogant fools, age is not a bar or limit for devotion and liberation. You have questioned our devotion and mocked at it. We, hence forth curse you that you both will be born on the earth and live like a normal human being forever and struggle by living far away from the Lord."

Realizing their folly, Jaya and Vijaya fell at their feet

Realizing their folly, Jaya and Vijaya fell at their feet. But they refused to forgive them.

The 7th gate opened. The Lord himself arrived at the entrance. The Sanatana Kumaras got mesmerized by the dark complexion and divine beauty of Narayana.

"O Sages, Welcome to Vaikunta."

He offered them seats and milk.

"O Lord, though you are superior to each and everyone in this Universe, you act so humble

"O Lord, though you are superior to each and everyone in this Universe, you act so humble. You take care of us though we are a ordinary sages."

"O Sages, forgive my dear gatekeepers. Please, mercy upon them."

"O Narayana, Forgive us. Our curse cannot be taken off. But we offer two choices: Either they should take birth for 100 times and devote to you or they should take 3 sinful births and become enemy of you and get destroyed by you."

Vijaya and Jaya immediately fell at their feet.

"O Sage forgive us. We decide to take the second option. We don't want to live far away from Sri Vishnu for much time."

Within few seconds, the soul of Vijaya and Jaya left the Vaikunta and reached the womb of Diti who was pregnant.

TO BE CONTINUED...

||Om Namo Narayana||