"Yeah, I'm good. Just spacing out like the usual," I laugh, brushing the topic off. He doesn't question me anymore and leaves my response as it is. Though, I'm sure he's not satisfied with it.

As the music is near to its end, we pull ourselves away. "It was fun dancing with you, mi amor," Ace comments at the same time the song finishes. The hall is later filled with a discourse of each people present inside.

"Same goes for me. Never knew you had that in you," I reply, nudging the side of his arm.

"Oh come on, mi amor." He opens his arms and continues, "Everyone knows I'm good at everything."

I snort. "Yeah, besides cooking."

He gasps. "I told you I've improved! You're just stubborn to try out my new dish." He crosses his arms and lets out a tiny 'hmph'.

"Tell that to me when your 'dish' is edible."

The emcee of the party chimes in after the slow dance. As the dinner is announced, a bunch of 'yey's are heard inside the hall. A smile creeps its way to my lips as I notice that most people here are just as hungry as I am.

But sadly, I'm not in the mood for that. I lost my energy to eat because of what I saw before. No matter how much I shake it off, it will continue to linger unless I get an assurance.

I hate feeling like this.

I turn my back and head the opposite way of the dining area as instructed by the emcee. I need to be alone.
I don't want to continue my night with these thoughts existing in my mind. I don't want it to be ruined by something that doesn't even have proof of being true.

Ace calls me out and grabs my wrist, my steps halting. "That's not the way, mi amor. Where are you going?"

"Uhm-bathroom?" I say, supposedly as a statement but came out as a question.

"That's not the way either." He lets go of my wrist and walks beside me. "Come on. Let me show you the way."

As we reach the door that has a figure of a girl carved on it, I give him a tiny 'thanks' before entering.

The room is unexpectedly empty given the fact that there's a party going on. I take this chance to have a one-on-one talk with myself in the mirror.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. For some people, I sure look normal. Probably in their eyes, I appear to be the elegant, silent, and calm girl. But little did they know, my head is twisted in a knot.

"You're going to be fine," I repeatedly mumble while I fix my appearance. I straighten the back of my hair as some of the strands have been sticking out. I talk to my reflection, "They're just friends, Val. Friends that get along. There's nothing wrong with it."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. But my mind likes to be uncooperative for it replays that scene again. I quickly exhale and flick my eyes open.

I heave out a sigh before giving myself a last look. I lift my hands and strike both of my cheeks with my palms.

Get yourself together, Val. You must not let jealousy win over you.

Having that as my final thoughts, I march my way outside. My mind is less jumbled than before; I feel like myself again. I feel like I can survive this troublesome night.

*****

"You're acting weird. Is anything wrong?" That's the second time someone asked me that question. I think my mask is not working the way it used to. The oblivious Lev can now see through me.