The New Teen Titans

Start from the beginning

Crush crossed her arms and stared up at the team leader, "So what's the sitch now?" she asked, flipping her mohawked hair out of her face.

"Gizmo is back," Robin answered, simply.

"Did we not just beat him up a few weeks ago?" Kid Flash asked, looking to Roundhouse. The chubby teen shrugged in response.

A cruel grin appeared on Crush's face as she pounded her fist into her open palm. "If it means I get to punch that creep and terrorize some little kids again, I'm in," she said, almost too happily.

Djinn rolled her eyes at Crush's reaction while the others took a small step away from the half-Czarnian.

Silver Phantom continued to float up and down excitedly. "So do we go now? Or do we go later? Do we know where he is? What about-" questions came flying out of the ghostly teen's mouth and she was only silenced by Robin raising his hand to stop her.

"Phantom, can I speak with you privately?" he asked, turning around and walking away from the white-haired girl before she could reply.

Silver Phantom looked to her teammates who all seemed to be avoiding her gaze. She felt a blush rise in her cheeks as she turned intangible and flew after Robin. She floated through the halls of the tower before winding up in her room, where the older hero was waiting for her. 

Her room was quite bare as she had only recently moved into the tower, containing only a bed, a nightstand and a bookshelf. Robin was standing next to the bookshelf, scanning over the titles she had on it. The ghost teen landed on the floor and cleared her throat, but Robin didn't turn around.

"I know you've only been on the team for less than a week," he began, taking a book off the shelf and flipping through it, "but I still don't think you're ready for a mission just yet."

Silver felt her core sink into her stomach. She floated to Robin's side, trying to hide the horror and embarrassment on her face. "Please, I swear I'm ready," she begged, "I've been training everyday, I've been getting to know the others and I told my dad that-"

"Lilith," Damian said abruptly, slamming the book shut and cutting Silver Phantom off. 

The teen shrunk away from the older hero and landed on the floor, hanging her head. She watched as two white rings appeared around her waist, washing over her and reverting her to her human form; Lilith Fenton. Lilith felt embarrassed tears sting her eyes as she fought the urge to cry in front of Damian. If she showed him that she couldn't handle someone raising their voice at her how would he ever allow her on missions?

Damian placed the book back on the shelf and rested a hand on her shoulder. The gesture shocked Lilith as Damian was usually not one for physical affection.

"I am not doing this to punish you," he explained, "I have seen you train. You are becoming as strong as your father and I assure you that you will bring honor to his name." Damian squeezed his niece's shoulder gently before releasing it, turning away from her and walking towards to the door. "But you are still not ready," he continued as he reached the door. Turning the handle, Robin opened the door and exited the room, closing the door gently behind him.

Lilith felt the tears spill over as she sunk to the floor, wrapping her arms around her pulled up knees and sobbing quietly to herself. She heard the other Titans leave for the mission and tried to stop her sobs. A knock on her door startled the half-ghost teen as she quickly summoned forth her transformation back into Silver Phantom.

The door opened slowly and Blue Beetle's head appeared. "Hey there, kid," he said with a comforting smile, "Can I come in?"

Lilith nodded her head, wiping away her tears. The blue suited hero walked over to the ghost teen and sat next to her, saying nothing. He moved his feet awkwardly, reaching out his hand and then taking it away, trying his best to respect Phantom's boundaries but wanting to let her know that he was there for her all the same. He began muttering to himself, as if he was arguing with someone as Phantom looked on in confusion.