Chapter 29: Reunions

Yet another long chapter. Enjoy!

Third Person POV

One year and six months. It had been a year and a half since the day Daniel Grayson had disappeared from the face of the Earth. Dick Grayson would be lying if he said that he still didn't have a glimmer of hope Danny was alive out there. Bruce had told him so many times to stop, to let it go and move on. But Dick had refused, holding onto the tiny thread that was his hope of finding Danny alive and well. Finally, after a year and a month, as Dick had stared at the old picture of him and his family standing in front of their promotional poster, he decided to let it go. The team had been fighting the Brotherhood of Evil and had gone practically all over the world. There had been no sign of Danny anywhere, so he decided to move on. 

Just a few days ago, all the Titans and honorary Titans had joined together in an all out battle between them and the Brotherhood of Evil, with the Titans emerging victorious. Six months had passed since Robin gave up the search and today marked the second year of Danny's disappearance. He wondered what ever became of his brother. But he didn't wonder for long before the Tower's alarms began going off.

Robin quickly stuffed the picture back in its hiding spot and ran into the main room, his friends entering after him. The large screen at the front of the room flashed with an incoming message alert. Cyborg hurried over to the control panel and accepted the message, causing Batman's face to appear on the screen. "Batman." Robin greeted, "To what do we owe the pleasure."

"The fate of the Earth." Batman replied. All the Titans quickly rushed over to the screen, curious about what Batman meant. The caped crusader began to explain, "The Universal Observatory has just reported a giant asteroid is on a collision course with Earth and unless immediate action is taken, Earth will be destroyed." The Titans gasped. But Batman wasn't finished, "The scientists estimate we have one week before the Earth is destroyed."

"One week!?" Beast Boy exclaimed, "But the new episode of-" Before the green skinned teen could finish Raven smacked him upside the head as the other Titans gasped in shock.

Batman ignored Beast Boy's comment and nodded. "The broadcast was televised and word is spreading quickly. People are panicking and it's causing countless cases of injuries and destruction. It's only a matter of time before the numbers turn into death tolls." Batman folded his gloved hands under his chin. "Countries are putting aside past grudges and working together to find a way to stop the asteroid and the Justice League is currently working out a plan as well."

"So," Robin began, "why did you contact us?" It sounded like everything was currently under control.

"Because while the Justice League is out of service we need the Titans to take control and try to calm everyone down." Batman explained. He sat back in his chair and the sound of typing could be heard. "If you can, get the Titans from Steel City as well as the honorary Titans and deploy them around the world to try and control the panic." His expression became grim beneath the cowl. "This may be one of the toughest things the Earth has faced. I'll contact you once a plan has been decided upon." And with that, the screen went dark.

Almost instantly, the Titans began calling upon all of their friends and alerting them of the situation. Titans began attempting to control the rising panic as word spread of Earth's impending doom.

Over the next few days, Titans spread across the Earth to contain the panic and countries banded together using their best technology to take out the asteroid. Missiles, rockets, anything they could think of. But nothing worked. Countless missions were attempted and yet the asteroid, or 'Disasteroid' as most people had begun to call it, was not even close to being stopped.