Chapter 30: Brothers Again

Third Person POV

"And when that evil Ghost King attacked-" Jack Fenton began to ask.

"Yes Dad, that was me." Danny interrupted, sighing softly. Ever since the family had gotten back home one week ago, Jack and Maddie Fenton had been drilling their adoptive son for answers about his ghost half as well as running a few tests on him. They were more than concerned when Danny told them about how he regained his powers. They wanted to run a few tests on him just to make sure he was alright. Blood samples were taken, physical tests were done and all results came back with Danny being perfectly healthy. After that they asked about how he had gotten his abilities. He told them everything. The portal accident, Sam and Tucker helping him with his powers, Jazz finding out. He had even told them about many of his adventures, purposely choosing to leave out the more 'life-threatening' parts of the stories.

Currently, the Fenton Family along with Sam and Tucker were all seated in the Fenton's living room and Team Phantom was informing Jack and Maddie of all their ghost knowledge. It was slightly less exciting than all the tests that had been run days before.

Maddie and Jack were seated on the couch with Jazz sitting beside her father. Sam and Tucker had brought in chairs from the kitchen while Danny sat in the plush armchair. Maddie sat up straight and a serious glint could be seen in her eyes. "Danny, did you know about Vlad?" She asked.

Danny gulped, that was the one question he hoped they wouldn't have asked. He debated on lying to them, saying he didn't know, but he knew that was wrong. He had been honest with them, aside from sugar-coating a few delicate details, and they deserved the truth. Danny nodded, "I did. I've known since the reunion." The raven haired teen admitted. 

Maddie and Jack gasped. "Why didn't you tell us?!" The auburn haired woman asked.

Danny raised an eyebrow at her. "Mom, I didn't even tell you my secret, I wasn't going to tell you about Vlad's. Besides," the teen gulped, "he had made me an offer."

Shocked looks turned to confusion and suspicion. Sam, Tucker and Jazz all knew where this was leading. Sam moved her chair closer to Danny to grip her boyfriend's hand in comfort. Jazz sent him reassuring looks and Tucker moved to Danny's other side for support. Taking a deep breath, the halfa locked eyes with his parents. "Vlad had offered to train me on how to use my powers. And I accepted."

Maddie's eyes widened and Jack's jaw dropped to the floor. Maddie stood up from the couch, "Daniel Fenton, how could you keep something like that from us?!" She questioned.

Danny mentally chuckled, "That's what Sam said when I told them." He thought and just like before, he didn't reply, he simply shrugged instead. "When I first met him, Vlad was a nice man who said he wanted to help me. It was only after an 'incident' that I realized he wasn't the man he said he was." 

Danny's friends tensed as they remembered their conversation from so long ago, about Vlad. What Danny had said, what Vlad had done to him, how hurt Danny was. It wasn't something they liked to remember. Sam gave Danny's hand a comforting squeeze. He stole a quick glance at her and smiled.

Maddie and Jack were in shock, they didn't know how to respond to this. All of a sudden the doorbell rang. Danny stood up from his seat, "I'll get it." He told them. No made a move to stop him.

Danny left the living room and made his way to the front door. Whoever was at their house was now knocking on the door. "Coming!" Danny shouted as he jogged up to the door. The knocking was getting louder and Danny finally reached the door, opening it. As he did he nearly got punched in the face, luckily the person realized the door had opened and stopped mid-knock. The person gasped and before Danny could even register who was at the door, arms were thrown around him in a  hug.