Yuki | Saturday Nights

1111 words

Saturday Nights by Khalid

---------------------------------------

Saturday nights, blueberry cigarillos

Swishers make my throat hurt

Rolling OCB's on the side for me

Light 'em up and let 'em both burn

I sat on the porch outside my house. The loud roar of the music could be heard streets down I was sure. My sister sat outside next to me smoking a cigarette. "What am I suppose to do when you leave?" I ask as I glance back at the door. She blew out a puff of smoke and sighed. "Kid you need to get out" She told me honestly and I sighed and nodded. I quickly took the cigarette from her hand and took a puff before blowing it out. She sighed and looked at me, pity a clear emotion in her e/c eyes.

I suddenly stood up and her back her cigarette. "Where are you going" She asked as I stuffed my phone into my back pocket and readjusted my jeans. "Im going to see Yuki" I stated and walked away from the loud house. Yuki only lived a while down into the woods so it wasn't a far walk. I began walking up the many steps until the bright lights exposed the house. As I got closer I could hear many voices.

I gently knocked on the paper doors. The door slid open to reveal Shigure. "Ahh, dearest y/n you have returned to us" He said causing me to chuckle. "I was hear literally a few days ago" I chuckled and gently pushed past him. There at the table sat Yuki, Tohru and Kyo. "Hey guys" I said and waved. Tohru jumped up and embraced me tightly. "Miss L/n, we weren't expecting you" Yuki stated politely and I chuckled at his formalities. "Yuki call me by my name" I teased and nudged his shoulder as I sat next to him.

"Are you hungry?" Tohru asked. "Oh, no thank you tohru" I politely declined. Kyo eyed me suspiciously at the sound of me rejecting food. Yuki stood up, pulling me up with him and tugged me upstairs to his room. "Yes?" I questioned as he looked at me. "Another party?" Yuki questioned and I sighed and nodded as I took a seat on his bed. Yuki sighed and sat next to me. He gently intertwined our hands and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Yuki had been my best friend since last year, he understood how I felt and I accidentally found out his family secret. Akito agreed to let me keep my memories as long as I kept the secret safe. 

Family feuds, saying Mom's confused

I'm for sure she doesn't wanna learn

My daddy's gone, say he's never home

And wishin' only makes it worse

Y/n watched her dad drive off again after her mother and him had gotten into another huge argument. Her mother sat in the kitchen non-stop drinking sake. Her sister and left for America for school which left her there to deal with her parent's immaturity. You looked back from the porch to see your mom passed out on the rug. You sighed and a frown appeared on your face as you made your way back inside. You tugged your mom up, carrying her dead weight and placed her in her bed.

You sat on the floor with your hands tightly gripping your hair. You were so extremely frustrated and stressed out. You let go of your hair and leaned your head back against the wall. singular tears rolled down your cheeks. You wanted to wish for everything to end, but wishing only made things worse.

I guess there's certain dreams that you gotta keep

'Cause they only know what you let 'em see