The other life (Part 3)

❤︎

Part 3

The other life

YES!!! I FINISHED MY TEST!!!

ITS OVEEEEER!

I"M FREEEEE!!!

FINALLYYYY!!!

The bell rang and everyone ran out of school, cheering and ready to celebrate. 

Exams are over! 

No more studying!!!

...

...

Oh great, now back to work. 

All I do in my life is school, then work. School, then work. There are only two lives for me. School and work. Super boring, but I have no other choice if I want to support myself financially.

And so, its time for me to go to work. I got to admit , I work at a nice place. It's a crystal and diamond jewelry store. With real diamonds and real crystals rings and watches. They have so many pretty rings there. I want one, but I can't even dream of spending a single penny on expensive rings like those. I could never afford it.

Not with the new bills coming in. 

I left school and ran to the store where I got changed into my work uniform. I had to wear a black tailored suit with white sweatshirt underneath. I also applied transparent lip gloss (don't judge me, I just like to keep my lips soft) and some eye liner. I liked to dress up a bit for work, because it made me feel like I was going to a party. But it's really just the standard here to make the store seem really classy and more expensive. 

Here, I felt rich. At other places...I felt exactly where I belonged. Poor. 

I went behind the counter and grabbed my share of keys for the diamond cases. I had to carry them around with me everywhere I went and ask if any of the customers wanted to see a diamond or crystal closer, so they can purchase it. 

"Arthit, thanks for coming early, I'm already late!," May told me hurriedly as soon as I arrived in the employee's room. May has worked here longer than I have and we have been good friends ever since I started working here. She's tall and beautiful, an exchange student from America. I have also taken some English classes, so I speak English pretty well and it's easier for her to talk to me in English, for practice. I smiled at her and the next second she was running out of the door, hurrying to her mother's birthday party. 

After a couple of hours of working, 10 people had purchased diamonds and crystals worth of a thousand dollars a piece. 

I could say, it had been a pretty successful day.

As I gift-wrapped the diamonds and registered them for the costumers I wondered how can people even afford these? A ring that a woman in her late 30's bought was $800. And it was a pretty small ring too. 

I looked dreamily at the crystal ornaments and various jewelry under the counter. They were so pretty and so delicate looking. I was too scared to even touch them. 

Then I came to the one thing I adored the most ever since I started working here. 

The one ring I had always wanted. The ring with the perfect cut and highest quality. It was a white diamond ring with a golden layer around it. Simple yet very pretty that would look good on both a woman and a man.

If only I had the money...

But there was only 1 in stock and no one had bought it yet. Well, it's pretty obvious why, it's worth $5000. Yeah, hell a lot of money. Crazy amount that I would never buy for a ring. Umm, for anything really.