Welcome to my shitty life (Part 1)

❤︎

Part 1

Welcome to my shitty life

"Wake up sunshine~ Wake up sunshine~ Wake up—" 

I groaned and hit the snooze button.

6:30am. 

I sat up in bed and stretched my arms. Another day of school and work. I got out of bed and turned on my light, squinting against the brightness.

If only I could sleep another hour...hmmmmm, how that would be nice...

...

But no, I had too much to do today. Like every day.

I made my bed and went straight to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and climbed in. The hot water hit my body and it felt so nice, calming. If only I could stay home this once and just rest...there's so many things going on today and I just don't want to deal with it all. 

Mom's big surgery is taking place at 2 in the afternoon, the hospital bill's coming in a week. Double shift today at work. The biggest exam of the marking period today. 

So many things. Too many things. 

I got out of the shower and dried myself. I put on my robe and combed my hair. I looked in the mirror and looked at myself. 

Me

Me. 17 year old Arthit Rojnapat. 

Not handsome...nor ugly. 

Decent looking guy...well, that's at least what I thought. 

Silky black hair that disobeyed any styling I tried to do with it. 

Big hazel eyes. 

Heart shaped plump lips. 

White skin with no acne, thank God. 

I sucked in some air and puffed my cheeks. I look like a chipmunk with my cheeks puffed. I let the air out and continued to comb my pitch-black hair. Useless act as I knew it would get all messy in the wind the moment I stepped outside, as always. Styling was impossible at this point. Not that I cared.

I walked out of the bathroom and went to my room. I put on my school uniform. I went to SK High School. Second to best high school in Seoul.

Nr. 1 was SK Academy.

I'm supposed to be in SK Academy...but I'm too poor to afford it. Its for the richest students of the country with the brains (well, mostly, the students had rich and powerful parents) to get (buy themselves *whispers*) into Yale or Harvard in the US. Yeah, everyone's dream was to go to the States, the land of big dreams and opportunities. But everyone also knew that to get there, you needed to be super rich and smart. Preferably both.