nine.

Harry's POV

I was almost done with my drink when the bell tolled ten times.

Shit.

I knew what that meant. And it surely wasn't good.

I grabbed my drink and without paying-- which I shouldn't have had to since this was supposed to be all inclusive-- and sprinted out the bar. It was a bit of a surprise to see how fast I could actually run. My hair was a thing of the past as it stayed behind me when I ran. I was breathing heavily and my chest was heaving but I didn't stop. It would be my fault if someone got to Avery.

I was stopped by a random girl, the last thing I'd want to be in my way at this kind of time. She had golden brown hair that was in curls, and she looked really young.

"Have you seen Luke, and Ashton and the others?"

"What?"

Her question was a bit much for me. Who was she talking about? I wasn't familiar with the other players but this was just downright confusing. Those were the names of members of 5sos. They had no business being here.

"What?" I repeated, pulling out my gun. My last resort to be would to shoot her, but the intimidating factor was a bonus. "Tell me their last names."

The poor girl shivered under my cold stare. I probably looked even more scary and dangerous since I had just had a drink. I wasn't thinking straight. It was actually a bit scary knowing I could just run in the training room and shoot Avery dead without thinking about it.

"L-Luke Hemmings, Ashton I-Irwin, Ca-Calum Hoo--"

"Okay, I get it." I said, letting my gun down for a minute. I stored it back in my pocket since this girl wasn't really a threat to me. "Where are they? Do you know?"

"They went to go kill some girl. Avery, I think."

I nodded and kept moving forwards. My pace was decreasing as lethargy grew with every passing second, making me feel less motivated. Finally I got to the closed door of the training room, and when I heard grunting and screaming I knew what I would open the door to see wouldn't be good.

I tried to push it open without being noticed, and what I saw was not what I expected. Calum and Ashton laid on the floor, blood spilling from multiple areas on their bodies. Avery stood in the corner, fighting someone who looked like Michael from the tell of his hair. Luke stood back.

"Avery!" I called to her, making all three of them turn around to face me. She turned her nose up in disgust and stabbed Michael to the chest while he wasn't paying attention. He slid right to the floor.

"Thanks." she said, her voice a little low in volume. "Help me take out Luke. He won't go down without a fight."

I nodded and pulled out my gun. It would be a bit much, considering the loudness of the gunshot and the harsh screams that were to escape his lips, but it needed to be done. I held my shooting stance, pointed the gun at him, and--

"Wait." he said, taking me off track. I held my gun down and Avery lowered her knife, waiting for him to speak.

"We can be an alliance." he said in a hushed whisper. He almost sounded scared. "The boys were of no use to me, they couldn't fight. But I'm capable of so much more. You'll regret not taking me in."

"No." said Avery, her voice firm and authoritative. I knew I couldn't accept Luke if I tried, because Avery had the final say. "Me and Harry are a good team."

"Right." I said. Her words were a bit unexpected but I didn't falter for a second. Who knew she'd still have trust in me after she assumed I would steal the weapons and the advantage against Jonah? Even after I left to have a drink while she was in here, vulnerable?