Chapter 5: A banter with the Lizard

Assalam o alaikum!

So here's the Chapter 5 of presumption. please do comment your thoughts and vote. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azlaan's POV:

"Azlaaan! Azlaan! Oh, thank God you're here. I have been looking everywhere for you." I heard a loud and shrill voice from behind me. Knowing very well that who it belongs to, I turned towards her.

It was Zarrish Aalam, my classmate.

"Lo a gae museebat"

(Here comes trouble)

I heard Hammad mutter under his breath. I gave him a stern look and I signaled him to stay quiet.

"Hey Zarrish! Why were you looking for me?" I asked her

"Oh yar! I am stuck at this math problem," she whined while sitting down on the chair beside me.

"Dikhao mujhe (show me) I'll try to solve it," I said while taking the notepad from her.

"Oh, thank you so much Azlaan" she squealed happily.

"Wese Zarrish yar tum kuch khud bhi krti ho sare questions to tum Azlaan se krwane a jati ho" Hamad said while taunting her.

(Do you even solve a single question? Every time you ask Azlaan to solve them)

"Hamad..." I warned him.

"Tum se kisi ne bat nhi ki Hamad so please shut up!" Zarrish said sharply.

(Nobody talked to you so please shut up!)

"Ooeyy shut up kis ko bola huh? Tameez se baat kiya kro jab dekho bin bulai mehman ki trha a jati ho". Hamad said while raising his voice too.

(Who do you tell to shut up huh? Can't you talk with respect? You are always here like an unwanted guest)

"Guys..." I said while trying to break the tension between them because I knew where this was heading.

"Tumhein hi kaha hai sunai kam deta hai kya tum bhi to Azlaan se chipke rehte ho. Achi trhan pta hai mujhe kin chakaro mein ho tum."

(I said that to you. Can't you hear? You are also glued to Azlaan as if we don't know what you are upto)

"Acha tumhein bara pta hai to btao na zara kin chakaro mein hun mein mujhe bhi to pta chle akhir"

(Oh, really then tell what I am up to really if you really know)

"Tu-..."

(You--)

Before Zarrish could say anything further I cut her off.

"Zarish yeh question mein ne kr diya hai solve ziyada difficult nhi tha blkl reference book ki example 6 jesa hai tum use study kr dena" I told her

(Zarrish I have solved this question. It isn't that difficult. It is the same as the example no. 6 of reference books)

"Oh, okay thank you so much," she said, standing up while eyeing Hmmad.

And with that she turned on her heels and walked out of the cafeteria.

I turned around to find Hamad staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeh Zarrish chipkali (lizard) ku a jati hai roz tu usse mana nhi kr skta jb dekho koi na koi sawal smjhne a jati hai itna hi hai to sir se ku prhti hai uni mein tujh se hi prh liya kre" he said while scrunching his nose.

Presumption ( گمان)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें