Peanuts & Beer : A Perfect Pair

Winter has never failed to fascinate me with its endless surprises and gratifying offerings. It has always something to give, but never to take away.

The nature has always been the best part in this whole proforma.

You know, like always, I'm excited about the first snow fall, waiting for the first flake to touch my skin, and filling my heart with sweet fondness.

The frigid climate of the North was beyond forbearance. The chilly Northern breeze was more than capable of freezing every single nerve in my body. Thick snow remains still, embracing the wet ground underneath.

And then on the Christmas night, I don't know why, but the sky looks a bit more vibrant. Is it simply a phenomena or that for as my heart skips erratically? Is that for as my thoughts go wild and restless when I happen to stand beneath the mistletoe just as you do?

And a kiss follows. I convince myself not to get ahead of myself. It's just a stupid old lore, of which no one cares.

Amidst friends, laughter, dares, in between songs and whiskey thoughts, I see you staring at me shamelessly, so incredibly mystifyingly.

Are you playing mind games with me? But I want you to stop confusing me. If you take just one more step towards me, I'll start to get the wrong ideas.

And just like you read me like an open book, you come up to me and even before I know it, you were already close to me, our lips just an inch apart, so close that I can hear your heart thumping, rapidly escalating. Our breaths rag into each other, and I can smell the brew of mint and alcohol, coming off you.

Then you slowly whispers into my ears, "Let's get out of here." And I already knew, that my low life has already met its dead end.