Final Chapter

"After the American Civil War, the gods were so horrified by the toll it took on their children, they swore it would never happen again. The two groups were separated. The gods bent all their will, wove the Mist as tightly as they could, to make sure the enemies never met on their quests so that bloodshed could be avoided."

~~~

Percy, Annabeth, Tyson, Grover, and I were sitting on a bench, fully clothed and sobered up from our encounter with Nico, the son of Hades. He had taken Sammy away to the underworld because, unexpected plot twist people! Apparently he was Thanatos, god of the dead. His final words rung through my ears and chilled me to the bone.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked nervously, no one had been talking for the past ten minutes.

"We strategize," Annabeth said with a steely assurance.

"We don't know what to strategize for," Grover pointed out.

"Well we know he wasn't warning us about a surprise party," Annabeth retorted.

"Percy," I said gently nudging him. He hadn't spoken a word but I knew he needed to speak before things got out of hand.

"We shouldn't have came here," He said quietly, "It was a mistake."

"There's nothing we can do about it now, we just need to figure out what's happening," Grover said.

"Percy you can't think like that, everything happens for a reason, this was planned out, whatever was planned I don't know that yet but I'm assuming it will end in battle. We have to be prepared." Annabeth said firmly.

"Can't we just leave?" I asked the obvious question.

"Evelyn once our fate has been sealed we can't run away," Grover answered me, repeating Nico's words.

"Then let's draw up the battle plan."

__________________________________________________________

We had been planning for ten minutes when out of nowhere, the entire beach had emptied. The shops and restaurants had closed. It was as if the whole area had been emptied for battle. We narrowed it down to battle, that was the most plausible situation awaiting us. The thought made me shiver. We thought of all the possible enemies we could be fighting. We figured a plan for each enemy, planning and talking through it helped us feel more in control, but we still didn't know what we were fighting.

"You don't think it could be the prophecy of the seven do you?" Percy asked Annabeth cautiously.

"No, it can't be, I don't think that would happen in our lifetime. Anyway if it was the chain of events doesn't line up, and we're only five." Annabeth explained.

"What prophecy?" I asked, I had never heard about any prophecy.

"Nothing you need to worry about," Grover said.

"What's that?" Tyson, who had been silent this entire time spoke up, pointing to the distance.

It was a chariot, but not like any Greek made chariot, the girl in it was wearing a purple shirt under a battle uniform, four people suddenly walked out behind her, two blonde guys and two brunette girls, all in battle uniform. Every nerve ending in my body suddenly went aflame, I knew it must have happened to the others because we had all reached for our weapons, standing in defensive positions.

"What's happening?" I managed to choke out with a mixture of unexplained hatred and the need to kill these strangers.

"I don't know but I want to kill them," Percy growled. It was a mess of anger and revulsion in which I heard the girl on the chariot yell.