Chapter 6

Here's the next chapter guys!

*****************************************************************************************************

"I'm sorry I never told you before sweety!" I hear Percy's mom say. Percy was IRIS MESSAGING his mother after our talk. He has a fountain in his cabin, or I guess our cabin, our dad, I mean his Dad gave him. I still resent Poseidon and my biological mother.

Well for the past 15 minutes I've been curled up in Percy's bed watching him argue with his mother, it makes me feel really bad that im the reason Percy is having troubles with his mother. Part of me is happy that hes on my side but I feel like I'm just a burden, and that I shouldn't be here ruining his life.

"I can't believe you would abandon your child like that Mom!" Percy yelled.

"Sweetie you don't understand, You know how Zeus reacted when your father claimed you! How could I risk having two children from the same God?" She reasoned, I really didn't want to hear her excuses, i just wanted to scream in her face, but she didn't know I was here and Percy promised not to tell her I was listening in. "I had to marry Gabe just to mask your smell from monsters, how do you think I would mask hers too?! I had to take into consideration our safety. Poseidon didn't want me to give her up, he even named her, but he wasn't allowed to get involved."

"Mom, the titan war is over! It's ok to be a child of the big three now, why couldn't you tell me I have a sister!" He screamed at her, he was furious. It was kind of scary but I had seen worse, a lot worse in fact, in several of the foster homes I'd been in.

"Sweetie I'm sorry I just didn't want her to ruin our perfect lives. She wouldn't really fit in after all these years." After she said that I felt dizzy, I felt sick to my stomach. I heard Percy gasp but I didn't really hear him. This was it i had been rejected by my own mother. My own mother.

"Evelyn," he said softly. I ignored him and got up. Percy's mom gasped in shock when she saw me, realizing what I heard.

"Look what you've done!" I heard Percy yell at his mother. I ignored them both and ran out of the cabin, tears rushing down my face, I heard some one running after me and suddenly I felt some ones strong grip on my arm.

"Let go Percy!" I shouted.

"Evelyn-"

"Stop please get away!" I yelled, I didn't want to face him right now. He tried to grab me again but I quickly slipped out of his grasp.

I kept running and could tell he finally stopped following me.

**Percy's POV**

I watched her small frame run away, it hurt to see her like that, and don't want her to be away from me. I know I sound really possesive and protective but I have every right to be. I haven't had her for 14 years, then she shows up with a horrible past thats all my mom's fault. We're even aIike, even though we have never lived together, she likes the taste of chocolate chip cookies, which are my absolute favorite. I can't believe she would say something so horrible about my own sister, her own FLESH AND BLOOD. I get that she needs her space so for now I'll let her go. I just truly hope she's not too upset.

**Evelyn's POV**

I ran, and I ran, and I ran, and I ran. that's all i knew to do. I saw kids around my age walking around, coming out of their cabins. I ignored them and kept running, a few looked at me funny but i didn't care, it's not the first time that has happened.

I was running out of breath when suddenly-

BAM!

"Wow pretty lady where are you going?" The guy I crashed into said. We were on top of eachother, well he was on top of me.

"I'm sorry-um, um,um" I stuttered nervously because he was stil on top of me!! Like really dude?

"Oh sorry," he said shyly, when he got up he held out his hand to me, I ignored it and got up. What I saw took my breath away, the most beautiful human being I'd ever seen. His hair was dark caramel, he had perfect tan skin and beautiful eyes that kept changing from blue to grey to green. He was your typical pretty boy but something about him made my heart skip a beat.

"Well then, an independent girl," he said and I blushed. 'what the hell evi! NO BLUSHING! no boys, they end up breaking your heart!!' but then I remembered, I have a family now, I have Percy so I need to start being friendly with people.

"uh ya." I mumbled, really? was that the best I had? "Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind" I stated more firmly, atta girl show no fear.

"Why don't you tell me about it?" He said in his honey sweet voice, I blushed again but held firm, I had already done enough talking today.

"Um maybe next time,"

"I'm going to take you up on that offer," he said and winked, oh dear sweet lord when he did that i think my ovaries exploded.

He walked into a cabin that looked like a life size barbie house, wait was he gay?! Evi chill he was just flirting his face off with you. The cabin was emitting an intoxicating flowery smell. What was that one goddess, Afro-dieting?? ya that was it, the goddess of love, of course , Mr.Smooth moves was a child of LOVE . Jeez I don't even know his name.

I snapped out of my train of thought when suddenly HE was there.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm Adam," he said softly, i was about to melt." Soo??" he said elongating the word so.

Oh crap he wants my name. Ok Evelyn you've got this. speak! Speak!

'"Evelyn," I whispered timidly. What was happening to me? I've never felt this way before.

"Nice name," he smiled, I didn't think it was possible but he looked even more amazing with his perfect straight and blindingly white teeth.

We were behind his cabin just staring into eachother's eyes because I was pretty much paralyzed and he was just smiling like an idiot, his eyes were shining and i could tell he liked the effect he had on me. Jerk! Wait, I literally couldn't move. Seriously though I was starting to freak out.

Suddenly realization hit Adam,"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed and looked away really quick. I immediatly got my movement back.

"I can do this thing, and paralyze people with my eyes. A gift from mom i guess. I've never actually done it unintentionally though, so sorry."

"Um ya. It's ok..." I said and quickly walked off, I could feel him staring at me but I didn't turn back. I just walked into my cabin, I had to face Percy. With all of the things happening with Adam I completely forgot about Percy's mom. It was starting to get dark and I didn't want Percy to worry.

I walked into the cabin and was quickly met by two arms hugging me. Squeezing me really tight. A little too tight.

"Perc- can't breath," I sputtered, choking.

"Oh gods, sorry sweetie." he said, concern clouding his features.

"Don't worry about it," I assured him, it was cute that he was worried about me, but trust me I coud handle a lot worse.

"Well, dinner's in 15 minutes so if you're hungry you should get ready." He said and he handed me an orange shirt. The orange shirt everyone wore here. Suddenly I remembered something, something I tried to bury out of my memory. The young boy with the grey eyes who was trampled, his small body distorted and broken by the 'truck' that attacked him and somehow made his body disappear.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked, worry lacing his voice.

"duh-uh-m" I was unable to speak clearly.

"Evelyn!?" He demanded more urgently. After a few moments I told him, tears streaming down my face as I described every detail to him. He quickly pulled me into a hug and calmed me down. I felt like i was 5 again and I had just fell off the swing at the park and my foster mother was comforting me. It felt nice to finally have someone to care about me after all these years.

"Aw sweetie I'm sorry you had to go through that, I really am," he said softly,"That was the mist, the mist covers up our world from the humans, even demigods experience it. At least the mist shielded you partially from the monster. If you actually saw the real monster I'm not sure you would be alive right now."

I shivered at his eery words. We got up and walked to the dinner area. This world, my world, was a lot more complicated than my old one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, so tell me what you think, do you like Adam?? Do you think i should continue with this new love interest?? thanks for reading!