Chapter 14

The library was pretty empty when I arrived there early morning to get a few books. I always had an hour or two with nothing to do and books were my go to. Since this whole project began I kept forgetting to get some more novels, so here I was in between shelves running my fingers across each hardcover book. 

Our librarian Mrs. Phillips always played some soft music in the background before school began since no one really was in here. Except for the two kids sitting on the chairs studying for some kind of Physics exam. I felt for them, that was my worst subject. Thankfully I passed it and moved on. 

" Lilly, a few books arrived yesterday morning, they're in the back if you would like to see them" Mrs. Phillips told me as she set some books into the shelves. 

" thank you" I smiled walking towards the back of the room where a large cart stood with dozens of books.Immediately my eyes darted to a paperback that looked a little worn which mean it had to be good if it looked that worn out. 

It also sounded pretty interesting. 

" thought I would find you here" Joe said standing a good two feet away from me. Still too close to my liking, I took a step back slowly setting the book down onto the cart. 

" what are you doing here" I asked him keeping my voice steady. 

It was school. He can't do anything here. 

" I see you don't pay attention to any of my messages" He stated in a pissed off tone. His whole face contorted into an angry look, slamming his fist onto the cart. 

I jumped back a bit, watching as he took a few steps forward, right up to my face. 

" how stupid of you" He spat. 

My heart began to beat faster, as I moved back away from him. He shook his head, crossing his arms across his chest. This time I kept taking a step back everytime he moved forward. My back hit the book case behind me, as he came up closer. 

His hand touched my cheek, fingers sliding down it slowly. 

" what the hell are you doing with yourself" I said keeping my voice low. 

" I told you before that what is mine will stay mine until I want it gone, and you-" He smiled, grabbing my chin between his fingers. " your mine" He spat out, harshly letting go as my head turned sideways from it. 

" no I'm not, I broke up with you for a reason" I whisper shouted, hitting his chest with a pointed finger. 

" oh no, we took a break, we are not over, not until I say it"

" you're insane!' I shouted quickly realizing my tone of voice and looking around making sure Mrs. Phillips didn't hear me. 

" insane? I'll show you insane, just wait and see, your life won't be that great soon" 

With another smile he walked away from me, and once he was out of my eyesight I sat on the ground. Tears pooling around my eyes. He was a monster that was for sure. His threats were empty I knew that but something about this one stuck with me. 

 This morning my dad questioned me about Joe and I lied saying he wasn't bothering me and I haven't talked to him at all. It put his mind at ease and that made me happy. He didn't need another thing looming over his head. 

I'd rather fight this one myself. 

~*~

Cameron and I walked down the street heading for the large shoe store to get him some new cleats for the game.