Chapter 11

The text message on my phone was simple yet it got my heart racing. I immediately sat up straighter and ran over to the door making sure it was locked as I sat down in front of it. My heart was beating, the only thing I heard in the quiet room. 

I will always be watching you. Can't runaway from me forever. 

                                                                   - J

Instantly I knew who it was just by that single letter. The tears by this point were rolling down my cheeks as I sat there terrified. He was doing it again. Attacking me from a far, not physically but mentally. He knew how to work his way into my mind. It scared me to death not knowing what he was planning. 

I couldn't tell my dad or anyone for that matter. My dad would definitely get us packing and moved out of this town for good if he found out. 

I looked through my contacts and pressed Cam's number knowing he really wouldn't question any of this. All I had to do was pretend nothing happened. 

" well well if it isn't my wife calling" Cam answered at the first ring. I smiled a little,sitting up straighter against the large door. 

" can you come over? I'm a tad bit scared to be alone right now" I said telling a small lie. I was scared but not a tad bit more like terrified. 

" yeah of course, I'll be there in a few minutes" He said his tone changing from a playful one to a more serious one. 

 Once he hung up I got off from the floor and deleted the text message from Joe, making sure to block that number. There was no way he was going to try and get into my mind once again. I wasn't going to let in so easily like every other time. 

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door as I went over and opened it slightly to reveal Cameron standing there with a big smile on his face. I smiled back opening the door wider as he went inside quickly, just as Sassy was about to dash through the open crack. 

" Sassy, go back to sleep" I scolded sending her away from the steps and back to the living room. She barked a couple times before laying back down on her bed. 

" so I'm your protector for the night" He told me flexing his muscles a bit. I giggled smacking his shoulder lightly, pulling him into the living room. 

" well I mean you should protect me, as a husband it's your duty" I replied taking a seat on the couch, as he sat down beside me. 

" so where's this crazy psycho your so afraid of" He questioned looking around the place. 

" I just got a little scared" I mumbled hugging one of the pillows to my chest. 

" just admit it, you wanted me to come so we can be alone together" He winked, sprawling out on the couch, his feet resting comfortably on top of my legs. 

" yes of course, just so we can have sex all over the house in every room" I rolled my eyes, chucking the pillow at his face. 

He wriggled his eyebrows suggestively beginning to count on his fingers all the rooms in the house. Once he got to 5 I threw the other pillow at him. 

" I mean it'll be a long night, but it's achievable" 

" aren't you a horny bastard" I laughed running out of pillows to throw at him. 

He took his feet off me as I got up heading over to the kitchen to get us some food and drinks. I turned around to ask what he wanted and caught him checking me out. His eyes met mine a mischievous smile tugging at his lips.