Chapter 5

Parties were the epitomy of the high school social life. I never liked them, something always happened at the parties that the school would then talk about for months to come even if it was the dumbest thing. Still Maria liked going and seeing if anyone new came but usually it was the same hundred or so kids in a house getting drunk. 

" I really don't understand why I have to go" I tell Maria as we walked down the sidewalk over to where the party was located. 

It was only a 10 minute walk from her house so we decided to stay safe and not take the car with us. The night wind nipped at our bare legs, not really thinking out our outfits. But we were going to stay for only an hour or so. Tomorrow was the first day we could take our kids out for a fun day. It was really exciting and I spent an hour with Cam planning a perfect day. 

" come on it's the first party of the year, it's a tradition" She replied, pushing her hair back as the wind kept blowing it side ways. 

" this is the first time we attend this party" I pointed out as she glared at me. 

We turned to the driveway of the large house and began to walk up noticing the kids coming in and out. I guess we didn't get the memo of the skank party. Most girls had the tightest and shortest dresses on I have seen. 

" see and you thought you were a slut" Maria smirked nudging my shoulders as we passed by a group of girls who had to be around 15 not older than that. 

How were they allowed to come here? 

It was true I had a skater skirt on and a sweater and felt a bit undressed. But now I felt over dressed with these girls walking around the place. The guys admiring every one of them. 

" I can't believe Jorge's parents let him use the house' I told Maria as we entered through the front door, the smell of alcohol immediately overwhelmed us. 

Jorge was on the soccer team and his parents inherited the large property that they adored. So it was quite odd that they would let a bunch of teenagers inside to basically drink and ruin their whole house. Even if they were gone for a weekend, security cameras were everywhere. Unless he disabled them. 

" oh my God" I grabbed Maria's arm pointing to a guy who stood on top of the couch arm, a large lamp beside him. 

All you heard was his rendition of Chandeliers by Sia, before he jumped onto the lamp falling straight to the ground, face first. I gasped as did other people but no one went over. Maria and I quickly stepped over to the kid making sure he was still alive. 

" I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, swing from the chandelier" The kid kept singing as he lay there, eyes shut.

We burst out laughing deciding to leave the kid. If he could sing it was evident he was ok and would continue living out the party. It was only 10 and already people were this wasted. It was pretty bad, especially some of the kids in our Life class. They had it the worst. 

" is that Olivia" Maria yelled pointing to our friend who was currently lying on her back as some guy took a body shot off of her. 

I cringed as her dress was pulled up all the way revealing her bra and thong. Not a pretty sight, the guy seemed to enjoy himself. 

" I'm going to go tame the beast" She told me walking over to yell at the guy and Olivia at the same time. 

As she did that I went over to the kitchen grabbing a Coca Cola can, observing the scene around me. Strip poker. Wonderful. It seemed like kids these days wanted to get naked and just sleep with each other.