chapter 1

amelia's POV

"mama we here?" Emery asked me from her carseat.

"yeah we are baby. you excited?" I asked parking the car. I looked around the lot of teller-morrow but didnt see happy.

"yes! let's go!" she exclaimed as she started to unbuckle herself.

"no ma'am emery rose! when is the ONLY time you are allowed to get out of your carseat alone?"

"only if one of us is hurt, we wreck or you tell me to.. I'm sorry mama I was just excited."

"you're not in trouble since we are parked. just remember the rules. you could really get hurt if we were driving." she nodded.

I have no idea where to go and am nervous, I've never been to charming. I know I'm in the right place because theres a reaper on the building. I figured asking whoever was in the garage would know something, I was not going to walk in the clubhouse.

"can I help you?" a woman asked me as I picked emery up and put her on my hip. she had brown hair with high lights. I noticed a woman in scrubs with a little blond headed boy sitting on the couch.

"Is happy around?"

"no hes not here. he know you're looking for him?"

"well no not really I was wanting to surprise him. I'll just have to call him later. thanks anyway."

"but mama no." emery whined with a frown. I heard some bikes pull in but didnt look.

"why are you looking for happy?" she asked me. I was about to ask her why it was her damn business when emery yelled. I bet she thought I was some croweater who followed him.

"UNCLE KOZ!!" emery wiggled until I let her down. she took off running. I laughed and turned around

"my princess!!" kozik said crouching down to catch her. I watched them as I walked out of the office.

the little boy ran past me yelling for his daddy I smiled as I watched him go by.

"milly baby" kozik said hugging me and kissing my cheek with my daughter still in his arms.

I looked around and seen emerys father standing there. what the fuck. why did he have a kutte on?! jesus. he looked at me like he was mad. I snapped and looked back to koz who emery was telling about our trip. I seen the woman in scrubs go up to him and kiss him. that's when I noticed his wedding ring.

everyone seemed to be gathered around, I felt like we were a circus act.

"hap know you're in town?"

"no it's a surprise!" emery said smiling.

"no we stayed in Bakersfield for a bit but were on the way to LA. figured I'd stop so she could spend some time with him" I shrugged.

"how do you know happy?" a man asked with wild black hair and bright blue eyes.

I looked at him for a second and smirked.

"dont" kozik told me

"he hasnt told yall about us?" I ask sounding upset "damn I guess we really dont mean shit to him. wow."

kozik was shaking his head. everyone looked shocked and seemed like they didnt know what to say. jackson looked even more mad.

I looked at kozik "let hap know were in town. if I don't hear from him today I'm going on to LA" I reached for emery.

"milly baby"

"we are going to find lunch. you're welcome to join us if you're not busy."

"can I ride the bike?" emery asked excited

"baby you've only rode the bike in the driveway not on the road."

"my happy let me"

I snapped to look at kozik who threw his hands up "do what! dont act like you didnt know she is FOUR HERMAN!"

"woah I didnt do it. but I can say she loved it. princess that was supposed to be a secret."

"but I wanna ride with you please" she begged.

"it's only up the road." he told me.

I sighed "you have wear your helmet for the four wheeler and the dune buggy"

emery squealed and hugged me "thank you mama."

"go get it out of the car baby." I told emery and watched as she ran off when I knew she couldnt hear me "I swear if something happens you wont have to worry about happy. I'll gut you my damn self. you are fucked for keeping that a secret koz. be glad were here and not in Tacoma cause I would have kicked your ass all over that clubhouse I cant do that shit here. anything else I should know!"

"milly baby calm down she was okay and loved it. I mean how are we supposed to tell her no? she had the eyes and sad face."

"she always does that with you two! yall would let her get away with anything. hell apparently yall three cant be left alone, ya need a damn chaperone. how the hell do you let a four year old convince yall to do half the shit yall do I'll never understand." I shook my head

"the same way she just convinced you."

I slapped his arm "I'm her mother I'm allowed to give in. I dont need permission to do anything with the child I spent a two days in labor with so fuck you."

"I was there I know how long princess took. now let's go get you food you're being bitchy"

I glared at him "correct that statement. I will show you bitchy kozik. the princess is ready."

she was standing in front of his bike putting her helmet on. "she sure is my princess" kozik smiled grabbing my hand and pulling me over there.

I could feel everyones eyes on us especially her fathers. but i ignored them i didnt owe anyone an explanation. hell jackson dissapeared before I found out I was pregnant and wouldnt answer the phone when I called so I gave up. I helped her get on once kozik was situated and ready. she sat in front of him so he could make sure she didnt fall off.

"please be careful kozik."

"I got her amelia. I promise."

I leaned down and gave emery a kiss. "do I get a kiss too?" kozik

"maybe if you get my kid there safe." I joked and walked towards my car.

I was almost there when kozik turned his bike on. he revved it up making emery squeal and laugh.

I followed them to the dinner. kozik went real slow I dont even think he went fifteen miles per hour.

I couldnt believe her dad was here. I had no idea he was a son. he told me he traveled for business didnt say a damn thing about being in the club. I guess it was true he does travel for business but he made it seem like some cooperate type of shit. not only did he dissapear on us well me I didnt even have a chance to tell him I was pregnant. he has a wife. I thought he just didnt want to see me anymore or he was dead. no this fucker has a whole other life. I seen the vice president's patch on his kutte so he couldnt be a new patch.

I believed what we had was real, that he really loved me. until he ghosted me. I tried to call for months after I found out I was pregnant just to tell him. at that point I didn't expect or want anything from him I just felt like he deserved to know he was going to have another kid. I knew about abel when we were dating, or what i thought was us dating. he always said the right things and did the right things that was until he was gone.

i never understood what happened, i guess i got my answer now. asshole was married. i was his mistress! jesus how could I have been so stupid!? I slammed my hands on the steering wheel.