08 | feeling

" it's nothing. "

↜ ↝

The air felt heavy. Or at least to Sihyun. She isn't sure about Jacob as he strolls quietly beside her.

Finally, for what seemed like forever, he breaks the silence, "I didn't know you were in band." He simply pipes, tone gentle as he glances at her. She smiles awkwardly, "Yeah I just got in. I didn't know you were though, since I didn't see you back when they were introducing the leaders."

"Oh yeah I was late," He scratches the back of his head in embarrassment which she can't help but giggling at, "But I'm actually the leader for the guitar team—not bragging or anything though." He clarifies urgently, not wanting the girl to misunderstand his personality. She laughs lightly, "I don't think you're bragging though." Jacob grins at that.

The silence floats in the air again.

The latter is suddenly reminded of something he had wanted to say for the longest time. He stops walking abruptly, causing her to pause as well. Locking eyes, Jacob begins, "Sihyun,"

Oh my God, the girl feels like her heart is going to pounce right out her chest. Why does he say my name like that? She thinks it's almost impossible to die out of nervousness just because someone calls her name so gently yet so sickeningly sweet—in a good way, if that's possible.

She gulps, "Y-Yeah?"

"If you're free tomorrow, would you like to hang out?"

———

Feet constantly tapping on the ground, Sunwoo huffs impatiently. He glances at his watch with a frown, "God, it's been 30 minutes. She can't actually be taking her own sweet time can she?"

What in the world was she up to that it took her so long to walk to her locker? The walk from the school theatre to her locker is literally a five-minute stroll.

Unable to wait any longer, Sunwoo pushes himself up from the lockers and starts to approach the direction towards the theatre. But he doesn't even take three steps or more when he catches sight of his best friend—who he must say, took years to pack her bag and meet him at her locker—and the senior whom she so thinks is 'cute' smiling shyly at each other whilst walking all so slowly towards his direction.

What. The. Fuck.

Furious, Sunwoo storms towards the both of them and fumes with enlarged nostrils, "Kwon Sihyun, did you really forget about me?! I waited hours here!" He was totally exaggerating.

"Hours? Sunwoo, it's barely been an hour." She retorts, and the latter groans, "Yeah and you were all happy-happy with this guy while I stood at your locker like an idiot?" He barks, ears turning as red as his blood-red hair. Why was he so mad? No one knew.

Realising he was just being a whole dramatic queen, Sunwoo's expression softens in embarrassment and he clears his throat, looking away, "A-Anyways, let's go. It's 5 pm, we're going to miss the bus."

Sihyun nods slowly, albeit feeling confused over why her best friend was being so fussy. She turns to Jacob who had been silent since before and smiles, "Uh, I'll see you tomorrow sunba–Jacob." The latter lets out a small grin at the slip-up, but then replies sweetly, "I'll meet you at the gate after school yeah?"

The girl bops her head in response before waving bye. Jacob waves back, not forgetting to smile lightly at the other male who watches them intensely then walks away.

"What does he mean by 'meet you at the gate after school'?" Sunwoo says irritatedly, eyes following Sihyun's every move as she reads the book in her hands briefly before placing it in her locker. The lass barely pays attention to his irritation, turning to him to respond excitedly, eyes glowing with happiness, "He asked if I wanted to hang out tomorrow!"

Sunwoo feels his heart drop. The disappointment must have been evident in his eyes when the girl's beam torts into a frown, "What's wrong Sun?"

Was it jealousy? Or just pure disappointment that Jacob made a move already and she was so elated that even her eyes glow like the stars in the night sky? There was no need to feel this way so why was he feeling so?

He doesn't like her, does he? He can never. Perhaps he was just thinking too much. Perhaps he was just being overprotective of her. Right, he was.

So as he locks eyes with his best friend who stares at him with concern written all over her face, Sunwoo lets out a comforting smile, "It's nothing."

honestly took a longer time to find a suitable gif than write this chapter:")

this wasn't proofread cause i was in a rush so i'm sorry!