03 | curry rice fanatic

" i hope to see you soon again. "

↜ ↝

The red-haired groans when Sihyun practically drags him to the cafeteria. "What's the rush Kwon Sihyun?!" He exclaims, not even walking on his own now.

The lass finally comes to a stop, whipping her head towards him, "They're serving curry rice today. I can't miss that out!" She pipes excitedly, a big smile on her face. Sunwoo can't help giggling at his best friend acting like a 9-year old kid who was going to a amusement park.

Sihyun hops from one foot to another while she waits impatiently in line. Sunwoo gives a short laugh, "Chill out Hyun. It's only a few more kids till your turn, you'll get it."

When they finally do, his eyes follow her every move that was rushed. He can't help the amusement when she settles down in their usual seat and stuffs her mouth with the curry rice. Good Lord, sometimes he wondered how this was the girl many guys had a crush on. Perhaps it was seen as cute to them, not Sunwoo though, yeah definitely not him.

"Eat slowly would you? You're gonna get indigestion." The latter nags, pushing Sihyun's hair back as a few strands touch the near rim of the bowl. She smiles foolishly, "Fhanks Shunwoosh." His face torts into disgust when she thanks him, "Yeah yeah, don't open your mouth if you want to thank me."

And yes, for the next few minutes, he sits there and holds her hair back while she eats sluggishly. His food was turning cold but he honestly felt full watching his best friend eat so entirely.

"Uh, is this Kwon Sihyun?" A gentle voice pops in between and both of them snap their heads to look.

A beautiful man stands awkwardly in front of them and Sihyun chokes. This was so embarrassing. A strikingly charming and God-looking man just caught her stuffing mouth with curry rice and not to mention the sauce residue at the corner of her mouth looking like she was saving that for dinner.

Sunwoo pats her back, grabbing a napkin to wipe at her mouth. Such a sight reminded the stranger of his mom taking care of him as a kid.

The awkwardness makes a heavy silence between him and the two who seemed busy in their own world. When they don't seem to remember his form standing there, he clears his throat and finally, the two best friends look at him.

Sihyun flushes with embarrassment, "Sorry I was just–" She can barely continue her sentence, so the stranger just cuts her off, "It's alright!" He exclaims sweetly, "I've been in such a situation before." She manages to stifle a giggle before proceeding, "But uh, how do you know me?"

That's when the boy remembers. He reaches out, a tiny and cute black purse in his hands, "This must be yours? I found it on the counter at the curry stall." He pipes gently with a charming smile.

Sunwoo fiddles with the hem of his blouse uncomfortably as he watches his best friend swoon over the attractive senior he recognized from the band club that one of his friend was in. When Sihyun barely responds to the senior, he nudges at her side, bringing her back to reality.

"O–Oh, yeah right, thanks a lot! I must've been to excited to eat and forgot about it." She hoots shyly causing a giggle to erupt from the older. He shrugs it off, "No worries, I'd have probably done the same." She isn't sure if he was trying to reassure her.

The senior speaks again, "I'm Jacob by the way."

Beaming shyly, Sihyun scratches the back of her head, "I'm Sihyun, Kwon Sihyun." Jacob cannot deny the heart-fluttering feeling as he watches the flustered girl avoid eye-contact with him.

"Well, Sihyun, I hope to see you soon again."

as much as i like everyone, i'm not gonna deny the fact that jacob caught my eye since the very start🥺