~Ears~ Todoroki x Reader

Start from the beginning

It got worse from there (at least, to him it did).  His dismay grew when he saw you carry your meal to a table near the front window instead of out the door.  Of all the days you decided to stay for the morning instead of leaving, this tragedy had to befall him?  How could this happen?

"You're an idiot," Bakugou startled him during his lunch break when the boy was hiding in the staff room.  "Why are you here?"

"I can't go out there with my ears like this."   Todoroki flicked one of his new ears.  He had to admit, they're pretty soft to the touch.

"You should be out there talking to your lover, not holed up here."  The ash blond had enough of Todoroki being a wuss.  He pulled the boy up by the arm and towed him out in public, shoving him towards the table.  "Go, stupid!  They'll think you look cute with your stupid ears, it's a blessing in disguise!"

The lost male was about to turn around and protest when he saw Bakugou's eyes being redder than usual.  He wasn't getting out of this one.  Taking a deep breath to ease his hammering heart, he strolls over to your table.  He could only think of something professional to say so he wouldn't sound creepy.  "Were you satisfied with your order today?"

You looked up from your laptop.  Noticing the familiar boy, you smiled, "Of course!  You always make it to perfection, thank you!"

A wave of relief and warmth spread through his body at that.  "I'm flattered you remember me."

"There's no reason I shouldn't."  You move your bag and laptop away from the other side of the table.  "If you're on break, sit for a while."

Todoroki gratefully accepted the invitation, mostly because he was scrambling to think of how to ask anyway.  "So... what brings you here?  I mean, usually you get your order to go, I'm just wondering why you decided to sit for once."

You closed your laptop, giving him your full attention.  "One of my classes were canceled today and I had some work to catch up on.  And I like the vibe here."

"Oh, I see."

You stared back up at Todoroki's head and cough.  "You didn't have those before, did they just grow overnight or something?"

The boy's face turns crimson.  "You wouldn't believe me if I said they did."  Telling you the truth came naturally to him since he felt you wouldn't make fun of him.  "I'm hoping they're only temporary,"

"Well, even if they are temporary, you still look cute with and without them."

If it were possible for Todoroki to turn redder, he would have at your flirty comment.  He fingered the soft tissue since you had left him dumbfounded and tongue-tied.

It seemed to have flustered you as well.  "I hope this doesn't sound weird or anything," you stammer, looking down at your hands in shame before peering up at him, "But, can I...scratch your ears?"

Todoroki was sure his heart exploded into a million pieces at your request.  It took all he could to not just plop right into your lap like a real cat.  "I'm okay with that," he answered a little too quickly.

He loved the way your eyes brighten at his acceptance.  Scooting over, he brought his head closer to you in anticipation.  As soon as your soft touch meets his ears, he was in heaven.  Such a simple action as ghosting your fingers across the new appendages lights up the sensitive nerve endings there.  His eyes subconsciously close at the new sensations, leaning into your touch as your nails scratch behind them.  If he wasn't careful he would probably have purred right in front of you, but a part of him wouldn't have cared.

"Are you sure you're a human?"  You chuckled at his obvious enjoyment of your treatment.  "You seem to love this a little too much."

He straightened his body back up.  "You just do a pretty good job of...petting."  What else was he supposed to call it?

"I have a soft spot for cats, I love petting them."  Your orbs probed his.  "If you still have them tomorrow, would you like me to pet them again for you?"

Todoroki's wanted to smile to it cracks his face in half.  "S-Sure."

You took your pen from the table and wrote your number on the inside of his arm, your touch barely any pressure as you hold his wrist steady.  "Your hands probably get wet all day working, I don't want it to rub off."

"That would be smart."  He liked your warmth being close to him.  When he gets the courage, he'd like to caress you the same way as well.  Now that their relationship has moved on to the next step, he wanted to keep you close to him the way you were right then.

You met his intent stare at you when you finished writing on his arm, staying that way for a moment, and for a fleeting moment the thought of you pecking his nose flashed across his mind, but then the lilt of your laughter shook him out of his thoughts.  "You really are a cat, you have an intense stare like one."

Todoroki blinked stoically.  "Is that bad?"

"No, it's endearing."

Todoroki hoped that you two have more affectionate encounters like these.  He's practically a purring kitten under your tender gaze and touch.

Bonus:

All the girls are in the back of the cafe swooning, but also secretly jealous that Todoroki only allowed you - a seemingly perfect stranger - to pet his ears