~Just One Day~ Midoriya X Reader

The next 3 posts will be bite-sized mini scenarios/drabbles for each of the main 3 characters, each based on a verse in the song "Just One Day" by BTS (if you can figure out who's part matches who's you get a special shoutout).  First one features Midoriya!

(Update 4/17: Shout out to @TrashCansGalore for getting it that this part is based on Suga's verse!)

I took the liberty of using the "you" pronoun for the first time because I wanted to write as 3rd person, but I also want to keep all 3 of these gender neutral in some form.

Izuku's arm wraps lovingly around your waist as you two walk down the city street, sharing the limited edition pink velvet latte and doughnuts from the local coffee shop you frequent.  There wasn't anything special either of you wanted to do for Valentine's Day; you had specifically told your boyfriend that he shouldn't go all out, Valentine's Day is just a huge scam and you'd rather just spend the day with him normally.

Looking down at you he smiles to himself.  Last night, he had the pleasure of sleeping with you cradled in his arms, your sweet scent intoxicating him and the sound of your breaths mingling.  The two of you stayed up for a while just like that, talking softly to each other in the darkness of Izuku's room.  With his busy hero schedule, he barely had the chance to do this, not to mention that you still had your own home.  When his bedside clock finally flashed midnight, he placed a kiss on your forehead and whispered, "Happy Valentine's Day, honey," in his sweetest voice before pulling out a single red rose from behind him.  You were gripped with giggles as Izuku showered you with kisses and held you close for the rest of the night.

"Zuku," your musical call brings him out of his thoughts.  Your face is slightly reddened.  "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Just like last night, he grins at you and presses his lips to your forehead.  "Just remembering that you slept next to me last night."  He opens his mouth cutely for you to give him another bite of your doughnut.

You reach up to feed him the last bite.  He playfully almost bites your fingers and chews.  When you stop at the crosswalk, he tightens his grip around your waist and kisses the crest where your jaw and neck meet, sending deliciously warm tingles through your body.  "You're very much into PDA today," you tease.

"Because I think it's generally allowed today," he smiles, his freckled cheeks lifting up to seem chubbier.

Without thinking, you pinch his face with your sticky fingers.  "You're so soft, Izu~" you sing out.

Giggles erupt from his lips.  "Honey, you're getting sugar on my face."

Placing a kiss on the slightly flushed spot rushes even more color to his face.  "Did I get it?"

Your teasing absolutely melts him into a puddle of affection and fondness.  Every time he sees you, he wants to lose himself in your eyes, your feelings, your touch.  To him, getting to know you is the greatest mystery he would gladly venture through every day for the rest of his life.

He leans down into your ear and whispers just loud enough for you to hear, "You are a masterpiece, because your existence alone is art."

If you were red before, his poetic line just turned your entire face into a tomato.  The crosswalk finally signals the okay to cross the street and Izuku beams as if nothing just happened.  "Come on, honey,  we still have the rest of the day together."  Gently, he tows you along by your waist again as if it's his handbag holding his greatest treasure.

Izuku knows in his heart, admiring the intense flush of your embarrassed face, that he doesn't need to dream anymore because you're his living dream.