~Polar~ Bakugou x Reader

IT'S EXPLOSION BOY'S BIRTHDAYYY!! And it's also my little cousin's birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY CHLOE 💖💖💖💖, so this little drabble is dedicated to HERRRR and it's also a birthday special based on the above cartoon from tumblr by delusional-lune, go support the original artist if you like it! 

I promise next chapter will pick back up on requests, I just had to get this done for Bakuboy's birthday

"Oi, you plan on getting up anytime soon, idiot?"  Although he's not yelling, I know he's annoyed at me.  "It's past noon already."

I cover my head with my pillow and groan, "Five more minutes, Katsuki."

He tugs the pillow and blanket off my head, forcing me to look at his obviously peeved face.  "You've been saying that for the past hour, get out of bed."

I pout, rubbing my eyes and rolling over.  "I'm tired though, let me sleep."

His weight comes down behind me as he grumbles, "How are we supposed to celebrate our birthday if you won't get up?  I've already been awake since 8 waiting for you, I was gonna make us breakfast."

Katsuki and I are like night and day, which is why I don't believe a single word horoscopes say.  He's an early riser while I'm a night owl.  He's the loudest boy out there and I'm quiet as a mouse.  He can cook while I burn toast.  He always looks effortlessly put together while I'm a hot mess.  I don't know how such different people could have been born on the exact same day.

His arm suddenly envelopes my shoulders and he nuzzles his nose into my neck.  "If I give you your birthday gift now, will you get up?"

I turn over, meeting his mischievous crimson eyes.  "Fine, I'll get up, you don't have to entice me."

He kisses my forehead.  "That's my baby.  Come on, I'll make us brunch I guess, go wash up.  And if I catch you in bed again," he lightly taps my butt with a smirk, "You know what happens."

"G-Gross," I stutter as I push him away harshly.  "I'll be up, okay?  Bully...

Katsuki can't stop snickering at my obvious embarrassment and dumb insult.  "Gosh, I love messing with you.  If you're not down in 20 minutes, I'm coming back to find you."

"Yes, sir," I mumble as he leaves the room.  When I hear his footsteps fade out into the kitchen, I scramble over to the box I hid in a corner of the closet behind some laundry, just an instinct to make sure it's still there for him to open.  I plan to give it to him over our meal just now, maybe he'll wear it out today if he wants to.  I hope he enjoys it, I smile to myself, But I'm not too worried.  I tuck it back away for now and head to the bathroom to wash up.  I look forward to seeing what he's gotten for me.

I tiptoe into the dining room with the taped up box under my arm, sliding it behind a pillow on the couch for now.

Katsuki starts throwing all his dishes and pans into the sink to clean later.  "(Y/n)!" he calls for me, "You better be up already!"

"Right behind you," I sneak up and poke him in the sides, loving the yelp he lets out.

"Finally."  He cranes his neck to kiss my cheek.  "Go set the table, I'll bring the food."

I follow his instructions as he brings out our two meals to the table.  We settle into place across from each other and I quietly thank him for the meal before digging in.  

"It's been a while since we've had breakfast together, we're both busy and you're always sleeping in."  He spoons out some of his homemade red pepper paste into his rice and egg mixture, and then into his soup.

I cringe a tiny bit.  I know my boyfriend loves his spice and all, but it's always bothered me that he even adds spice to his soup that's suppose to be mellow and savory in flavor.

"I know you're looking at me weird, that's just the way I eat," Katsuki pipes up defensively.

"You really do love your spice," I mumble, but I can't help feeling the small bit of affection reach me.  My precious boy is a unique, explosive personality and I wouldn't change him for the world.

At the end of our meal, Katuski puts his bowl down.  "Alright.  It's our special day, we're gonna enjoy it together alone, so what do you wanna do?"

I shrug.  I don't care about all the formalities or going out all that much.  As long as I get to spend time with him, I'll consider it a win.  "Whatever you want."

He levels his neutral stare at me for a moment before shrugging as well.  "Then let's open gifts first."

Both of us rise to our respective gift-hiding spots.  When I return to the table with my long box, I notice that his gift is a small box that's about the size of his hand, and I wonder if I might have gone a bit overboard.

Katuski's eyes widen at my gift.  "I hope you don't mind, but I'm opening that first."

I nod and just hand it over to him.  At least he's eager to open it.  He tears away the tape quickly, making me chuckle at how messily excited he is over it.  The flimsy paper box is no match for Katsuki Bakugou, and he throws the tissue paper aside.  I keep my eyes glued to his face, waiting for him to realize what his gift is.

"Whoa."  His mouth forms a small, cute "o" as he lifts the red bomber jacket out of the box.  I got it embroidered on the back to say "King Explosion Murderer."  A toothy smirk spreads out on his face.  "Yeah!  We're definitely going out so I can wear this, babe!  Thanks!"

Gosh, I know you too well, Katsuki.  I grab the box from his side of the table and open the navy blue lid.  Inside is a shamballa bracelet with emerald green disco beads.  The ends of the drawstring have a dangling silver moon hanging off.

He lifts up the sleeve on his arm.  "It's actually a couple's bracelet."  Instead of green, his beads are red, and there's a Sun hanging off the end.  "I think it's fitting since you're the more mellow one and I'm the loud one."  He rubs the back of his neck.  "Do you like it?  I know it isn't as great as what you got me, I'm not that good at picking gifts."

I give him a gentle smile, the same warmth cascading through me and I slip it on my wrist.  "Of course I do.  What's better than me being your moon and you being my Sun?"  I stand up and sit on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck, planting a soft kiss on his nose.  "Thank you, Katsu."

His eyes stare into mine with just as much affection.  "You know, sometimes I wonder how someone so calm like you could've ended up with some big idiot like me."

He's shocked to see me flash him a mischievous smirk.  "Because I secretly like the chaos."

Katsuki blinks before giving me another kiss on my lips and chuckling, his entire body rumbling at the action.  "God, I love you, you're so full of surprises."