Shinsou Angst to Fluff Drabble

This is a response to a prompt request from someone on my Tumblr, so I decided to make this an alternate ending to chains.

After the Sports Festival, I change into my uniform and stretch out my sore muscles.  It's been an exhausting day, physically and emotionally.  All I really want to do is go home and relax from the day.  As I walk out of the change rooms, I spot Shinsou in the distance waiting near a bench.  Taking a deep breath, I approach him, knowing what I have to do.

His violet eyes glance over me and his body shifts as if he's surprised that I came to him first.  "Hey."  When I simply nod in greeting, he stuffs his hands in his pockets.  "Um...I know a lot of stuff happened, but we said we would get ice cream on our way home after the Sports Festival.  Do you still want to?"

Oh, right.  I nod wordlessly, leading the way from campus to our route home.  Shinsou follows without another word.

"You did really well in the obstacle course.  Using your chains to fling yourself over the ropes and the minefield was a good idea.  I think you could've gone far in the competition if...I hadn't won," he trails off sheepishly.

Not really, Midoriya would've definitely  wiped the floor with me if I won, I think to myself, but remain silent.  I appreciate his compliment, but that's not what I want to hear.

"I did a lot wrong today.  I used my quirk on you when I promised I wouldn't, and then I said all those things during our match.  I was afraid you were abandoning me for your hero friends because I'm insecure.  And I shouldn't have said those mean things about you and your friend, I was jealous."  He turns and gently grips my shoulder for me to stop walking.  "I trust you.  I know you're still trying to make time for me and I had no right to call you out like that.  It was stupid and I'm sorry."

I gaze up at his broken expression.  He's genuinely distressed about how upset he's made me.  It makes me guilty too.  I should've paid more attention to his feelings so we could've talked about this sooner.

Shinsou rubs the back of his neck.  "Well, don't just stand there looking at me.  Yell, scream, cry, please, just say something, anything."

I look up at him and throw my arms around his body.  "You're forgiven, Hitoshi.  It's something both of us should've brought up.  But I really didn't like you using your quirk on me, you're really lucky I didn't smack you for doing it twice."

His deep laugh rumbles against my form and he hugs me back.  "I know better next time.  If I have to fight you again, I better take the defeat."

"You better."  I point a finger at him.  "It didn't feel good, it was like an out of body experience and oof," I shiver when I remember the coldness.

"Sorry, I won't do it again."  He presses his lips to my forehead.

I grab his hand and pull him down the sidewalk.  "You're treating me to ice cream as payback.  I'm getting 3 scoop and you can't say anything about it."

"My poor wallet," Shinsou groans playfully, letting himself be tugged as we set off.

"You're gonna be boring and get the mint chocolate chip right?"

"Hey, it's not boring.  It's fresh and sweet, thank you."  He gets defensive for certain things he particularly likes, me included.

"It's a strange flavor, it's like eating sweetened toothpaste."  I make another face.  I tried it once the last time we got ice cream together and it tasted disgusting.  (If you guys like that kind of thing, I don't think this, I've never even had it, please don't kill me)

"So what are you getting then, since your taste is so much better than mine."  One of his arms drapes around my shoulders to pull us closer.

"Since I have free reign to get multiple things and I can get anything, maybe I'll get one cookies and cream, one double chocolate, one rocky road-"

"You have such an obsession with chocolate."  He kisses my cheek and whispers in my ear, "Does that mean if I were to taste you, you taste like chocolate too?"

The most heated blush crawls up my neck and ears.  "Y-You're asking for me to be hit, aren't you?"

"How do you know I won't like it?"

"You're such a pervert sometimes."

"Aw babe, but it's only for you."  His arm squeezes me tighter.  "I'd only let you hit me whenever you want."

"Hitoshi!"