s e v e n | answers and betrayal

"What do you want me to do here?" A hushed voice reached Chipmunk's ears as the city lights blinded his eyes

   Turning his back at her, he took a deep breath as he glanced at the grey, white and black giants that stood in front of him. The big figures were staring at him as high pitched laughers echoed in his ears. Countless colorful stars spread among the wave of buildings as they winked cheerfully at him with a hint of laughter.

   He was alone in the dark. No one wanted him. The world was too big for him to understand.

   The sound of the crowd seemed to be far away. He was separated from the rest of the world. He would never be a part of it. The sound has already abandoned him and joined with the lights, leaving him behind. A nest of little birds was resting on the tall oak tree nearby, cuddling next to one another. How he wished there would be someone for him to lean on, yet he had none.

   He heard pawsteps of the cat he wanted to meet the most. The cream Siamese with black paws who was always by his side. He would always miss the tiny shadow that fell on the concrete ground next to his. Since when did things get to keep the same? The flame of hope that held him strong was pulled out. He just wanted answers.

   "What do you want?" Her voice echoed silently in the dark. The brown tabby shivered, not because of the cold of the calming breeze, because of the emptiness in her voice.

   Trying to keep his voice steady, he answered, "Answers."

   "Of what?" He could see the city light reflected from the rainbow jewellery that embedded on her black collar, all the memories that spun in his head made him dizzy.

   Which was real? Which was not?

   "Your betrayal." Chipmunk faced his back at her as he took a deep breath. His chest ached as his eyes stared at the swallow cutting through the air, flitting and skimming without stress. He wanted to fly, fly like a bird with a pair of wings. He could blend into the darkness or be a part of it. He could leave all the stress behind. But his heart was locked. He could not breathe. Reality weighted like a rock.

   His ears twitched at the slightest sound as the she-cat mewed with a shaky voice, "That was not betrayal."

   Rage quickened his blood as he trembled with rage. His voice broke through the silent night as he shouted, "What is it then? A joke?"

   One of the little birds on the nest nearby jumped at the sound as it awoke from its sweet dream, tweeting helplessly. The she-cat shivered with fear as the brown tabby tom turned and faced her. His yellow eyes were filled with tiredness as they cut through the tension that filled the atmosphere. May's mouth moved quickly as she tried to explain, "T-that is PeakClan's warriors code-"

   Chipmunk's pelt shone under the pale city lights as anger overpowered him. He has never felt this before as if he was burning alive. The tongues of the fire licked him as he growled. He swallowed down his anger as sadness coated his throat. He choked, "W-what about me?"