s i x | prophecy and a kit

Hearing a soft scratch on the front door, Cheese-It's ears rose with alertness as she scanned the quiet room with her bright yellow eyes

   Light off, checked.

   Closed bedroom door, checked.

   No sound, checked.

   All safe.

   Cheese-It hunched low to the ground. Walking on tiptoes, she went closer to the door as she stood as high as possible on two paws. She pulled down the lever slowly and slightly pulled back to get the door ajar. When the door was ajar, she stuck her paw underneath the door and pulled it open, revealing a brown striped tabby she-cat that was soaked in the rain.

   The door creaked as Cheese-It pulled it open slowly, trying not to wake Grumpy. The brown striped tabby she-cat was not alone. She gently put something down on the ground as Cheese-It looked at the she-cat with questions running around her head.

   "Shellsplash, what are you doing here?," Cheese-It glanced at Shellsplash with her eyebrows raised questionably.

   Looking down on the ground, Cheese-It's eyes widened as she saw a brown striped tabby kit sleeping peacefully. Her tail twitched nervously as two names formed in her mind.

   Falconshadow.

   Lilybloom.

   The kit looked exactly like Falconshadow.

   Shellsplash was giving it gentle licks before she rolled her calm and narrow sky-blue eyes, "Do I need to get an invitation to visit you?"

   Cheese-It sighed as she replied with a whisper, "What did I miss during my so-called imprisonment for one moon..."

   Cheese-It lost her voice as she stared at the brown tabby on the ground, cuddling up into a ball as his eyes closed and traveling in his dream. His white underbelly was shown clearly as his fur was dripping wet.

   Hearing a growl from the bedroom, Cheese-It backed away as she studied the room carefully. Doing a tail flick, she signaled Shellsplash to keep quiet. After the sound stopped, Cheese-It took a deep breath as she mewed, "Phew, that was close."

   Grumpy was having a bad mood lately and Cheese-It decided that it was not safe for her to travel to PeakClan again. Therefore, she stayed at home and kept a lookout for everything. What she did not know, many things would have happened in a moon.

   Shellsplash continued drying him up as she continued, "This is urgent."

   The flashbacks of blood were stirring in Cheese-It's head. Cheese-It shivered as her ginger and white fur shot up like needles. Clan murders. Who would be next?