Chapter Twenty-Three: Feelings Wither Along The Way...Why?

"I love you, Canton. I've waited my whole life for you." A dark figure says, holding me close. Then big grey wings sprout from his tanned back. My nails dig into his skin. Suddenly red eyes gaze at me making me feel uneasy. I freeze as a huge claw emerges from the air in a glimpse of a second. I wince.

"Huh?" I gasp and dart up in my sleep. Feeling around the warm floor.

Getting up and throwing the door open. Glancing quickly around a clean organized room with big chairs and a huge fireplace with the air symbol on the mantel. I relax, walking to it and trace my hand over the carving. Someone did this hundreds of years ago. I sigh in relief as I hear Ujik's annoying voice rambling about something outside a window with ice carvings inside it. My mouth pops open. Lithuannai is beautiful. I haven't seen the outside but it already is. Dukem walks by the window. I hide behind the wall.

"Canton has been asleep for a while now. I should wake him."

"No, just leave him alone." Ujik protests.

"But we need to check on.."

"Are you hiding feelings for Canton, Dukem?" Ujik hisses.

"Wha-what?!"

"Shhh. Please don't fight guys. Canton wouldn't like that." Daegi chirps, modestly.

"Why in the fuck would a little bitch like you think that? Why?"

"Go ahead curse me out some more fucker." Ujik growls.

"Well why would you say that? No, I don't have feelings for Canton. I'm the assassin hired to keep him safe by the water clan. I don't know where you got that idea but what I feel for Canton is respect and a mutual trust between one another. Where-never mind." Dukem says.

"It's just-the way you act towards Canton. The way you look at him, I guess." Ujik answers.

"How do I look at Canton?"

"With a sparkle in your eye and a small hop in your walk. You look extremely accomplished getting praised from him and stare off into space around him."

"You stare at Canton for a long period of time. And your pupils dilate which means you find him attractive. Which also means sexual arousal and/or..."

"Shut up, Daegi!" Dukem commands, angrily growling at him.

"I was just trying to make a point. And point it out." Daegi says, sadly.

"Sorry but no. I have a fiancé....What would all of that mean anyway?" Dukem asks.

"Well, it just means you find Canton attractive and if plausible a suitable mate. That stems from always being around him though. You find things you like about him that others would simply overlook and begin to list his best qualities which are, in short, a huge turn on for you and you keep watching more and more. On Earth that's basically called being in the friend zone. Wanting more but never getting an up in your relationship status with Canton. You are just friends, you think. But your body and mind say otherwise." Daegi finishes. I blink my eyes slowly.

"What?" Dukey and I say in unison. I cover my mouth.

"Canton...get out here." Suzuki commands. I sink into myself. Gah, dammit. I open the door and rub my neck stopping near Dukem. Glancing back and forth. As Ujik and Daegi said his eyes sparkle and he smiles at me. I quickly smile and let it falter.

"Cause this is so not awkward at all, guys." Daegi sings like a cannery. I roll my eyes. Jesus.

________________________

???? POV.

"Position yourselves as soon as my hand moves. There is no exception for failure. Whoever fails will fall with me." I command, angrily.

The soldiers kneeling before me and nod their heads in unison. I tug up my blood red gloves and put my mask properly on my face, it was slipping down. My soldiers would have fled to see my appearance. My heart tightens. I brush it off and gaze at my dozen of air clan soldiers. Then sigh in relief. We've been waiting too long for this. Too long.

"Master Mynx, Canton is in Lithuannai. Should we proceed in a hostile manner or a well tamed manner?" The second in command asks, kneeling before me. I make a low hissing sound. Before realizing that we should think of what they'll be like seeing us for the first time.

"The latter. We should be tamed and keep our guards up. Especially around the one holding the King of Darkness' book. If we have to attack then do not harm the one with the black book." I inform, the second nods.

"Yes, master. May...I ask why?"

"The black book is very precious to me." I simply answer, "Do not try to pry it out of the boys hands. Only one with a death wish would do such a foolish thing."

"Heh, understood. I will give the following commands to the soldiers."

"Move on out, soldiers. Lithuannai is just up ahead!" I command, throwing my hand up and out.

________________________

0,0 holy shiza guys. Holy shiza.

Vote and Comment.