58. Fallen city

A minister urges, "Your Majesty, you must flee from the Capital."

Another minister warns, "The strongest fortress city has fallen. Nothing could stall them from entering the capital city now."

Namseo King hits a hand to his luxurious throne. He has assassinated his big brother to seize the throne years ago. He also killed his sister in law, nephews and nieces.

Dongbuk Kingdom has never won a war against them. Today, their troops are marching ahead toward their capital city.

Prime Minister and his ministers kneel in front of the King.

They plead, "Your Majesty, please leave before it's too late."

The King orders, "We still have time. Call off our soldiers near the borderline."

"Your Majesty..."

"What?"

"They have been annihilated..."

"Impossible! Nobody could defeat JR and Baekhyun!"

The Prime Minister sighs.

He explains, "JR and Baekhyun have switched sides to Dongbuk Kingdom."

"Traitors! I've been surrounded by a bunch of traitors!"

The door toward Throne Room is opened from outside.

A man is walking into the room. A group of soldiers are walking behind him.

He mocks, "Funny. A traitor is calling others as traitors."

The King rises from his throne due his shock.

"You are still alive?" asks him with unblinking eyes.

He stares him as if he has seen a ghost.

Jungkook draws his blade.

He mocks, "Penalty for a traitor is death."

The King yells, "Guards!"

The palace guards come into the Throne Room. They stare Jungkook, the ex-Crown Prince. He was believed to be killed along with his brothers.

A handsome soldier next to Jungkook says, "He is the rightful ruler. He should have been the King of this country."

Jungkook's uncle laughs maniacally.

He mocks, "What's the use? Dongbuk Kingdom has won the war. You would only be a King for few hours."

The same soldier says, "You sent Lee Jun Ki to Dongbuk Kingdom. King Min Yoon-gi has a deep grudge against you."

"Liar! Lee Jun Ki was a traitor!"

Jungkook holds up a hand to stop Tae from talking much further. It's useless to talk senses to him. His hands are itching to kill this mass murderer.

He says, "You painted yourself as a good man. Nothing but a hypocrite old man."

It is a true insult because the King is still in his late thirties.

"Guards, kill them!" orders the King.

Half of the older Ministers walk to side with Jungkook's team. Only younger ones remain on the King's side.

Tae "the soldier" suggests, "Why don't all of us surrender? Less bloodshed. Dongbuk King has grudges on him. If we hand him over, he would definitely spare our life."

The younger ministers look at each others. Few of them are heading to Jungkook's side.

Only three men remain loyal to Namseo King. They have sisters and daughters married to him as concubines.