Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Her actions were lifeless as she finished up and changed into the clothes that seemed to be the only thing to bring her comfort.

It was already nearing 3 A.M. when Arielle made her way to bed.

As she laid there, her mind raced with thoughts that she had attempted to suppress.

Surely, if there had been a breakthrough, she would've been contacted.

Despite being tired, she could bring herself to sleep.

She let out a breath and turned on a lamp before reaching for the documents she had left on the bedside table.

Work was her only escape at this point.

As she began reading a file that contained information about the newest product launch and its production quality, she felt her eyes well up.

It wasn't until the first tear fell that she let herself go.

It was her seventh day crying in a row.

Her body was drained but her mind kept racing and her heart was struggling to keep up.

Arielle shakily pulled for her cabinet to open and grabbed some of her anxiety pills and took them dry.

She hadn't been taking care of herself but in the eyes of everyone, she was holding it together better than they thought.

Silently, she sobbed as she thought of whether or not Sebastian would be sleeping somewhere safely tonight.

Her body raked in tears as she curled up into a ball and prayed for her mind to stop running so fast.

"You're exaggerating."

"There's nothing wrong with you, stop taking the medication."

"You're fine."

Before she knew it, it was already 5 A.M. and her body was exhausted.

As her eyelids began to grow heavy, she let out a small sigh.

Whether or not the day seemed hard or not, it was hard enough of a day that she still managed to get through.

A sigh was the least she could do to express her pain and sorrow.

•••

Arielle let out a small smile as she saw a familiar face turn the corner.

"Jeremiah, it's been a while." She greeted, accepting his hug.

"Hello, Arielle." Jeremiah replied, "It's great to be seeing you again, it's such a shame it's in these conditions though."

Arielle nodded and led him into the meeting room.

She had met Jeremiah only on one other occasion as she knew Sebastian wasn't too fond of his brother.

However, his mother loved to keep her up to date and tell stories about how he was doing in Saudi Arabia so she found herself knowing a bit about him.

"So, how are you getting a hang of things?" Jeremiah asked, curious.

"I'm doing okay but there are a couple things I'm still trying to get a hang of." She responded, "I'm so thankful that you're here."

She knew that Sebastian wouldn't have been happy tot see her and his brother talking to each other. However, he had listed in the document that he had left with his lawyer that Jeremiah. was to be contacted to help Arielle in the case of an emergency.

Jeremiah shook his head, "Of course, I used to work with Sebastian so I know a thing or two. My mother said she would be stopping by in a bit by the way."