9

"Floria Gardens, 11 A.M." Renjun repeated Hyunsoo's words in his mind as he drove to the garden using his GPS system. Renjun hadn't been to a lot of places despite having been born and brought up in Seoul, as he drove slowly he noticed the garden at quite a distance, his eyebrows frowning a bit when he sees that the place was rather loud.

Children ran about with paper airplanes, splashing water on their friends from the local fountain, it wasn't filled with people but there was a good number. He didn't want to look like a fool searching for Hyunsoo in the midst of all those people and so Renjun called the girl up.

"Yes, how may I help you?" Hyunsoo said, her voice sounding professional like the first time he met her.

"Uhm, I'm here, it's me, Renjun," he said awkwardly as he watched the kids running about, trying to tickle each other.

"Well? Come on in!" Hyunsoo said and disconnected before Renjun could even say another word, the boy cursed under his breath before parking at an empty spot and getting his usual bag, filled with all the instruments he was to use.

Renjun gulped before walking in through the gates, immediately wanting to revert back when he was nearly attacked by a group of children who ran past him. Renjun held his breath till his eyes met the familiar figure of Hyunsoo, who seemed to have already found him.

The older girl waved her long arms, asking him to join her and Renjun pulled himself back to earth before walking towards the spot she had in the garden, a bit more solitary than the other parts.

Renjun placed his bag down on the grass before placing his arms on his hips and looking at the girl a few centimeters taller than him.

"Did it have to be such a crowded place?" Renjun asked and Hyunsoo clearly gave him a pout.

"This is the quietest spot available here, would you like it better if I set us up over there?" Hyunsoo asked, her finger pointing towards the little park built in the midst of the garden, children throwing sand at each other, while some were busy eating the sand.

Renjun purses his lips before looking back at the girl.

"Let's just get started yeah?"

- - -

Seconds turned to minutes as Renjun continued to fit even the slightest of details on his A2 sheet. Hyunsoo sat herself down comfortably on a picnic blanket, a pretty checkered dress that made her pink lips more appealing.

As usual, Renjun was quiet, he focused on the minute details and was finally done with her lower body, now going waist top as he started.

"Are you this quiet with every other client too?" Hyunsoo asked, and Renjun stopped moving his pencil to look up at her.

"Stop changing your facial expressions every 5 seconds, it's because of it that I usually start from your lower body, please sit still," Renjun said before going back to the drawing, he drew her waist till it looked identical, the pattern of the dress matching the rest of what he had drawn.

"Do I look pretty today?" Hyunsoo asked and Renjun's grip on the pencil grew tighter.

"You're a model Miss-"

"It's Hyunsoo now, stop trying to make me feel old," Hyunsoo said before returning to her former expression.

"As I was saying, you're a model Hyunsoo, so yes, you do look pretty," Renjun said before going back to his drawing, almost done with her bust till she spoke again.

"But there are many models around the world, not everyone's taste is a pretty model, my question was to you, do I look pretty today?" Hyunsoo asked, her voice sounding rather genuine and that alone pushed Renjun into not wanting to respond.

It was till Renjun raised his eyes to look back at the girl to start on her collar bones, only to have her wink at him. The boy looked down at the speed of lightning, the girl's confidence just managed to make him flustered. He heard her small chuckles before going back to the drawing.

He heard a few snickers and turned to his bag to see some of the kids from the park looking intensely at Renjun's drawing bag. Renjun looked between the bag and the kid to see some of the girls and boys run away but one boy never moved, he stared right back at Renjun.

"Can I have a sheet of paper too, Mister?" The boy asked kindly and Renjun looked down at his book before going to the last page and tearing it out, handing the sheet over to him and the kid smiled before running off.

"Is it done yet?" Hyunsoo asked and Renjun added a few final details onto the parts of her hair, shading it from the sides till he was satisfied with his piece.

"It is now," Renjun said and right then Hyunsoo got a call.

"Right now?" Hyunsoo said and Renjun watched her, waiting patiently.

"I think I need to leave," Hyunsoo said and quickly lifted the handbag she laid on the side of the grass.

"Sorry, Renjun I'll see you in a while okay!" She said and stormed out. Renjun watched as she ran, he felt something he couldn't decipher when he saw her running, no it wasn't love, it wasn't infatuation, he just didn't know.

He looked down at the sketch, once again fascinated how she made a simple black and white sketch look so endearing and lively. Renjun packed his pencil and neatly covered his artwork so he could hand it to her whenever. He felt a pat on his shoulder and turned to see the same boy from before, with the A2 sheet in his hands.

Though the sheet wasn't blank and empty anymore, the boy drew and colored roughly the figure of Renjun with his legs crossed while he drew Hyunsoo. The little boy drew well enough to make Renjun give out a genuine smile.

"Pretty sweet if you ask me," he said and the little kid's eyes caused little crinkles as he smiled. He then turned and ran away while Renjun's smile died, confused as the kid didn't take the sketch back. He sighed before looking down at the sketch and smiling small as he was reminded of his actions from minutes ago, Renjun placed the paper into his book and shut it before packing up and leaving the garden.

To Be Continued......