6

Renjun gazed at his art, satisfied with how it came out, the skies were darker now and it was close to evening by the time he was done but unlike usual, he wasn't tired this time. He was in turn, proud and slightly happy. Renjun knew it wasn't all his doing, he was at least that humble to know that it was her, Hyunsoo was beautiful and he felt happy only because his art portrayed her beauty so elegantly.

Renjun looked back at the hammock to tell Hyunsoo that he had finished already but failed to do so when he saw nothing but an empty hammock, swaying barely because of the slow breeze and his breath hitched when he felt her presence behind him.

Hyunsoo peeked her head so the side of her face was inches away from him and Renjun dared not turn to face her in the close proximity.

"It's beautiful," Hyunsoo said and turned to face him this time, Renjun's stare at the portrait didn't waver though he could see her gleaming smile from his peripheral vision. The girl stood straighter, the smile never leaving her face.

"Ah, I feel so happy. You're gonna be having dinner with me tonight, I owe you that," Hyunsoo said and winked like it meant nothing and before Renjun could even deny she walked into the house, leaving the balcony where Renjun was now alone. He looked up as the sky grew darker and the stars lit up the sky beautifully.

The boy looked back to his portrait and rose up from the seat, stretching his arms and neck for some sort of comfort after being seated for over five hours. The boy walked into the house and walked along the same way they came in the first time to hear the sizzle normal to any kitchen.

He saw Hyunsoo there, still in the same sundress from before but an apron over it as she moved the ladle back and forth around her wok.

Renjun went to the living room to find his bag in the same place he left it and rummaged through it to find his brown paper that he always used to wrap his portrays. He neatly wrapped it, securing the piece of art that he was to submit the next morning to Mr. Kim, who would advertise the painting, and then it would finally come out to the public.

Renjun packed his box of pencils and made sure the brown paper was wrapped perfectly before picking his bag full of his things and slowly making his way towards the kitchen where the aroma was mouthwatering.

"Ms. Hyunsoo," Renjun called out and the girl stopped cutting some vegetables only momentarily before smiling and continuing to cut thin slices of the greens.

"Get comfortable on the dining table, I'll be done anyt-"

"Sorry Ms. Hyunsoo, I'm just an acquaintance to you and I'm being paid for the work anyway, please don't take any trouble," Renjun said and this time Hyunsoo placed the knife on the cutting board before looking at Renjun, now noticing that he had the portrait all wrapped up and his bag clutched on his shoulder.

"It would've been nice if you stayed, you're being paid by my agency not me, this is the one thing I can do for you right now," Hyunsoo said with a small smile.

'Sensitive.' Renjun sounded in his mind as he saw her was a smile but then pursed his lips, knowing he couldn't overrun his principles.

"Sorry Ms. Hyunsoo, I hope you understand," Renjun said, his voice mature and responsible to sound and Hyunsoo finally gave it a thought, she couldn't force him, not after he treated her so well.

"Okay then, I won't force you, thank you for what you're doing though, really," Hyunsoo said and Renjun bowed down before turning on his heels and walking towards the front door, leaving the house without turning even once.

* * *

The blaring sound of Hyunsoo's phone caught her off guard, she bolted up but the sleep didn't wear off at all, she couldn't open her eyes at all. She tried lifting her lids enough to locate her phone only to be blinded by the bright lights and wincing when she was finally able to open her sleepy eyes. Her eyes searching for the clock to see that it was 9 in the morning.

She wasn't asked to come to the agency till 4 in the evening, so the girl was confused when she saw that the call was from none other than Kim Hanggook, Renjun's boss.

"Hello," Hyunsoo said, her voice a bit raspy from the deep sleep she had.

"Ms. Hyunsoo, Kim here, I know I asked you to come by 4 today but if you please, do come by 11, there's something we need to discuss," Kim told her and she involuntarily rolled her eyes before answering.

"I'll be there," Hyunsoo was gonna fall back on the bed after disconnecting the call but she realized the man meant 11 AM not PM, meaning she only had about two hours to get to the agency. The girl groaned in annoyance before getting out of the comfort of her bed and shutting herself in the bathroom. She wasn't annoyed at Kim, she was annoyed at herself for downing an entire bottle of wine last night, Hyunsoo lost her appetite after Renjun left so she stacked all of the freshly prepared food into the fridge and had only wine before drifting to slumber.

The hangover gave her a pretty bad headache but she got ready nonetheless, a beige dress shirt and black bell-bottoms. She drove herself despite the hammering headache and managed to reach the agency by 10:52 AM.

She took the lift, as usual, her hair swaying as she had it down and she smiled small when she made eye contact with another worker. The girl took a huge breath before walking into her office to see Kim seated on a couch. His's eyes met hers immediately and he shot her a small side smile to which she replied with a nod, not in a mood for very good behavior with the beautiful headache stuck to her since she had woken up.

"Ms. Hyunsoo, we published your portrait to the museum, do you want to hear the good news or the really good news first?" Kim asked with much excitement.

"Whatever you want to tell me first?" Hyunsoo said plainly, not being able to help it as her only wish was to pass out and sleep for the rest of the day.

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you the good news first! Your portrait was accepted to be displayed on the walls of sensational models of the decade, which has been getting a lot of attention," Hyunsoo's ears perked at that, she wasn't expecting to see results so quickly so it was nothing but a surprise to her.

"And now for the really good news! The media has already got news of it and have promised to report it to the higher authorities for further displays, that means your portrait could even go viral!" Though Kim was excited about her earning fame, Hyunsoo was nothing but upset, the word 'viral' lit a fire within her and she wished for nothing to go wrong this time. 

"There's a chance you'll get recognition from foreign fashion industries and magazines even, the exposure would help you so much Ms. Hyunsoo," Kim said, his kind eyes gleaming at her and the girl only smiled small. She was happy, just the fact that she had a chance to be the people's topic scared her.

"You'll be attending an event this weekend where you could be further judged for your personality and brains, media would take care of it I guess, that's in four days. Get ready to pave your own path to fame Hyunsoo."

Hyunsoo nod her head and Kim gave her one last smile before bowing as respect and leaving the office, the girl sat herself down on her couch, holding her head up using her palm, her body sinking into the comfort of the couch and she felt her anxiety kick in.

She didn't want to ruin anything this time, and despite having her win she couldn't stop thinking about the man who brought her to this, the younger man who was the reason why she attained so much in a day's time.

To Be Continued....