Chapter 3: Falling Apart

It has been days since Marco's confession. Every time they crossed each other, they quickly avoided talking. For Marco was a torture being like that with Star. He noticed that Star has been distancing from him and that hurt him deeply. Star didn't know how to handle the situation, knowing that her best friend was in love with her it wasn't easy for her. She didn't want to hurt him and Tom. She was having a dilema with her feelings. And because of that she has been avoiding Marco. She told him that nothing will change between them. But she was doing the opposite.

Star's Pov

These days hasn't been the same for me. Between the search of my mom and my best friend confessing his feelings, my head has been a mess. I feel like my friendship with Marco is falling apart. And that saddens me. My relationship with Tom is being good, but my heart and mind are in a disagreement. Should I reject Marco? Should I stay with Tom?

Marco's Pov

These days has been difficult for me. Since my confession Star has been distant. She avoids me. Well, in part is my fault. I caused all of this. Now I have to assume the consequences. But when I told her how I felt it was like weight off my shoulders. But her distance is hurting me deeply. I told her that after we found her mom, I will leave Mewni and go back to Earth. But will it be the right decision?

Marco: (I need to fix this) (goes to Star's room)

??? (knocks on the door)

Star: Who is it?

???: It's me, Marco. Can we talk, please?

Star: Uhh... (nervous)

Star's Pov

What should I do? Talk to him or still avoiding him?

Marco: (sighs) Please, we need to talk.

Star: Can we not talk about that?

Marco: Why?

Star: Because I don't want to.

Marco: (shouts) So, that's it. You will avoid me forever and run away from your problems like always. Fine! If you want that. Forget about it. But I was honest with you.

Star: Marco I just want everything back to normal (sadly)

Marco: Well what do you think what I am trying to do? I want to fix this. (upset)

Star: I just don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt you. You're my best friend.

Marco: (Best friend, that's all I am to her) Well just tell me the truth even it hurts me.

Star: Marco, I don't know how I feel about you. Back on Earth I felt something for you. But now...

Marco: (sad and tears up) You don't feel the same for me anymore. Right? Your feelings went away. What I would expect. You're happy with Tom. It would be better if I leave Mewni.

Star: But Marco, you don't need to do it. (sad and tears up).

Marco: But I need to. Don't you think that every time I see you with Tom brokes my heart? (tears up).

Star: Marco I....

Marco: Do you wanna know something? (smiles and cries)

Star: What? (wipes tears away)

Marco: When you arrived to Earth, at first I didn't want to be near me, but after our first fight with Ludo, I realized that you were brave, friendly, optimistic. You changed my life Star. You brought excitement and colour and showed me things I didn't even know existed. Remember the day of The Blood Moon Ball?