Chapter 2: Starco Feelings

The following day, Mewni was still getting up on its feet from the battle. However, this situation didn't bother to our princess as much as the fact Marco was leaving Mewni just because he wanted to move on from Star. The  night before Star couldn't sleep. She was remembering all the moments that she and Marco had spent together on the almost two years that they knew each other.

Star's Pov

When Marco told me that he wanted to go back to Earth, I thought that it was forever, in that moment I felt sad and upset, but when he taold me that it was for a few weeks it was a relief for me. But when I asked him why he needed to leave, he didn't told me. Now I have to deal with this and also the search of my mom. How am I gonna handle these problems? Why everything got complicated? Who I'm kidding. Everything got complicated since Song Day. I had to see Marco dating Jackie, dealing with the heartbreak that I lost my chance to be with him, and after the battle with Toffee when he left probably forever, it was like a half of me was ripped. But when he came back to my life, everything got confused, at the same time I was happy to see him again but mad because he didn't even give a heads up that he was returning here.  Now yesterday he told me that he likes me. I wonder when he realised his feelings. Maybe if I can convince him not to leave. Yeah I can do that, but knowing Marco he won't change his mind. But I have to try.

Then Star got up, dressed and after she went to Marco's bedroom.

Star: (knocks)

Marco: Yes?

Star: It's me Marco. Can we talk?

Marco: (opens the door) Oh hey Star. And sure.

Both come into Marco's bedroom

Marco: So, what did you want to talk about?

Star: It's about you leaving.

Marco: (looks away) Oh.

Star: Are you sure that you want to leave?

Marco: (sighs) I don't know maybe. It's a hard decision. First I wanted to, but now I don't know anymore.

Star: But Marco, we can resolve this problem. You don't need to leave.

Marco: But I had to deal with this problem since I came back here, Star. I 've been dealing with it for months and it has been hard for me.

Star: But why didn't you tell me sooner?

Marco: Because I was afraid that telling you my feelings would ruin our friendship, so I kept it for myself, but everytime (tears up) I see you with Tom it hurts, now I know how you hurt you were when I was with Jackie. And I realised my feelings the most painful way.

Star: What do you mean? (confused)

Marco: I saw you kiss Tom (looks away) (Everytime I remember that scene my heart breaks)

Star: (Oh no, the time I kissed Tom was when we went to the Lava Lake Beach. And Marco saw us. It happened to him the same when I saw him kiss Jackie at Love's Sentence Concert. I didn't want him to feel the same, it's awful feeling. But now that I know...)

In Marco's room there was an uncomfortable silence that it could be cut with a knife. They didn't know what to say. It was a difficult moment for both of them.

After five minutes, Marco decided to break that silence.

Marco: Star, look I.. Just forget about this okay. How about this. After we find your mom, I will probably leave Mewni permantly to organise my thoughts and feelings. And don't tell me not yo do it, because it's my decision.