Part 26

Back to readers POV:

After, You two fell asleep.

When you woke up you notice the fact that you feel safe with the most heartless man ever. Well some what heartless. You believe him. Himself struggles to understand even what he feels for you. You get out of bed. He is not that bad. When getting your clothes back on to go down. You have a look in your bed. The black cat that always finds a way in the room has gotten to snuggle up next to sleeping Jim.

Walking out of the room and downstairs, you take the plaits back down and the cups. Taking them into the sink to wash them. You see how Chuck, Anthony, J.D and others and all-around working and walking around like bee nest.

You wash, dry and put all the things away and decide in that moment to going to the year 1977. I mean older self told you to go there when you are ready.

You think you are ready to understand. Also, she said where George is. You haven't heard from him for days. Knowing you will get some answers soon.

You've been distracting yourself not to think about his disappearance. You nod to your self. His a strong man. He will be fine.

You grab an apple and walk upstairs. When in your room you see Jim. He is finally up. He has your bag in hand and is holding the machine. He turns around for you to see.  Shit...

"The fuck is this?" you hear Jim ask you. Fuck, he did not need to know about that. "Its a machine." he snarked at you. "YEAH IM NOT A FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT FOR?"

You jump as he raised his voice. You look up to him and offer him your hand to take it. "If you come with me... I'll show and explain everything."

He gives you a confused look. "Why can't you tell me now!" you put your hand down because he does not take it and it's getting tired. "I can't, it is better if you come with me"

"You have been keeping this from me. What else are you hiding from me!" you see Jim raze his voice at you. "I wanted to tell you but it wouldn't made sense." you have few tears falling from your face by now. " Then tell me what it is." you look down. "Its an... time machine"

He looks at the machine in his hand. Then back at you. He does not know if to believe you. You get close and place your hand on his. "Let me show you"

You take the machine from his hands and put the time and date in. Then you turn it. He is carefully observing on what you are doing. When you are done you grab his hand.

Then everything is going light. With a bang, everything is light like heaven but then it faids away. Revealing that you are in the same room. He opens his eyes and gives you a questionable look. "So wha-" you but your hand on his mouth. "Shhh look" you point at the bed.

His eyes widen as he sees where you pointing at. He is looking at you and him in the bed sleeping.

He does not say anything. Instead looks at the bed then at you and then the the bed again and then back at you and asks "How is this even possible?" you smirk.
"I don't know, future me gave it to me and said I'd understand in time"

You take the machine and turn it again. With a light consuming you and Jim again. You are back in your bedroom with you and him both looking at the now empty bed.

He walks up to the bed and sites down, looking at it. "So you telling me, you were hiding a time machine from me that was given to you by your future self?" you walk to him and sit on the bed.

"Yes". He sits then next to you. When was that and where? You get of the bed and run to the bag. Taking out the map. " I was exploring the hideout when I heard a noise... from the attic. I went there and no one was seen.

I then found there was a floor board that was lost. I took it off and under it was a map." You spread the map on the ground.

You point at the x. "I went there on my first day out. It was a cave or an abended mine. There i met her. She took me to 2044. Showing me the apocalypse that will happen. A nuclear boom will be dropped. But there was something with it. An unknown substances that cancelled out the radioactivity." You let his study the map.

"Does anyone else know about this?" you shake your head. "The apocalypse? When does it happen?" you sit on the floor next to him. "2044, she said the people responsible for it call themselves Adam and Eve. In 2044 they don't know what is right and wrong. Jim I saw terrible things and I don't even want to visit the place ever again. "

He stands up. "I want to understand more, now I want you to do all the travelling with me" He gives his hand to you, asking for the machine. You give it to him and he moves to the painting and takes it of. Revealing a safe. He puts a code in and opens it. Showing papers. He puts it in and takes out a folder.

Closing the safe he walks to you with the folder. Opening it and taking out a photograph. He hands it to you. Looking at it you almost cry. The photograph shows a picture of your mother who looks very young, a baby and...George.

" I first did not understand but now I think I know where George went." You sit back in the bed. Crying, How did he time travel back in time? "I believe he was taking so you can be born."

"We need to go see him!" You stand up but Jim stops you. "No, you don't understand how time travel works. Do you? If George comes back you will not exist. That means George can't never come back. " Jim is shaking you as you cry out more.