Part 22

You walk in and walk past few new men to have a seat. Jim already sits next to you. Looking around you see there's a book next to you and you grab it. Looking a the cover. "Psychology for busy people? " was the title.

Jim now has his hand on your leg. Rubbing it teasingly. You but the book down and give him a questionable look. He, on the other hand, is smirking. "shhhhh." was all he said. You laugh at his childish behaviour, shaking your head. But you think its a bit funny.

When you sit on the sofa you think. the year 1977? what so special about that? Nothing in your mined. By then Jim has left the sofa and went somewhere out off sight.

You take the bag and look inside it. The machine is still there.

You but the bag back down. looking around you see that's no one is around anymore. You take the opportunity to take to book back and start reading it.

Page one: What is psychology? psychology is the study of the mind, but this simple formulation covers a dazzling and enormous field of human thought and behaviour, from the biology of the brain and nervous system to the meaning of love and happiness...

You got so into the book so you didn't realize that Jim was back on the sofa next to you. You notice him in deep thought and stairs at some papers. His emotionless face slightly intimidates you.

He takes a pen and wrights few things down. Long pause.

All of a sudden he gets a phone call and he picks it up. " Yeah what is it? " the silence feels the room. He is listening to the peoples on the other side of the phone. Another long pause.

" I DON'T CARE, I GAVE YOU ONE JOB. JUST DO IT FOR GOT SAKE, OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO MY SHOES" as you get frightened you jumps off your seat a little. He ends the phone call. You think you should say something.

You clear your throat "So what have you been up to today," you ask him to break the silence. He let's a heavily breath out. "As you have seen there's more of my men here. Iv spent the whole day hunting as much down as possible. Probably will spend the whole week doing that." You mock him a little.

"bless you, all busy trying to keep control." he gives you a sarcastic nod with an eye roll.

You two now are silently sitting across from eachother. You occasionally give slight glances at his direction. Still thinking about the future you. "Do you believe in faith?" you ask him suddenly with tilting your head to one side.

He squints his eyes at you. "Elaborate.. " You lick your lips. "So do you believe no matter what you do you will always be let to one pathway of life and you will never escape it?" You brush your hairpiece out of your face. Behind your ear.

"No, I believe you make your own choices and what even your choice will be the path you follow."

He gets up. Brushes some fluff off his suit. As standing up, fixes his tie and with a smile, he says bye and leaves you to read. You decide to put the book away and go upstairs too. When entering your bedroom. It is getting late, it was been a crazy day and you are feeling tired.

Take off your clothes and you climb into the bed. Wanting to just sleep of everything. But you think to yourself. Every day is crazy when you are around James Manuël.