Tumble

Louis - 23
Liam - 22
Niall - 19
Harry - 19

- - -

"And what do you think you're doing?" Louis almost drops his steaming tea as he makes his way out of the kitchen, walking past the stairs and seeing Harry with one leg over the baby gate at the top of the stairs.

"Daddy!" Harry squeales happily, pulling his leg back and shaking the gate.

"No, no. Bubba." Louis said sternly, placing his cup on the bottom of the stairs before jogging up. "That's dangerous. Why aren't you sleeing?" The man fussed, opening the gate but being careful that the Little wasn't watching. He's been quite the fast learner these past few weeks.

"And how did you get out of your crib?" Louis furrowed his eyebrows, quickly hoisting the boy onto his hip, Harry squealing and bouncing as the man carried him back to his room.

Louis didn't know whether to scold the boy or if he should laugh when he noticed all of Harry's pillows and blankets on the floor right by his crib. "What did you do?" Louis chuckled, looking at the grinning boy in his arms.

"Shh." Harry giggled, pressing his finger to his lips.

"Oh, it's a secret." Louis laughed. "Well, it's time for night night's, angel. It's getting late." He placed Harry in his crib, grabbing a couple of pillows and a blanket, moving the rest to the other side of the room.

"Nooo." Harry whined as he tried to sit back up but Louis held a firm hand on his chest. "Up, up." The boy makes grabby hands and Louis but the man just shushes him.

"Yes baby." Louis coos, grabbing Harry's pacifier from his crib and placing it in the boy's mouth. "Night, night, bubba. Sleep good." The man sighs as he notices the pouting boy's eyes struggle to remain open so he makes his way back downstairs after checking on Niall who was sound asleep in his 'big boy bed'.

"Swear to God, we need to get one of those baby monitors or perhaps even a camera." Louis sighs, letting himself plop down on the sofa. "He managed to escape the crib and I caught him with one foot over the baby gate."

"Oh man." Liam chuckled. "Yeah, I guess it wouldn't hurt getting those." Liam agreed, "Really don't want to get on Anne's bad side." He admitted, making Louis laugh.

Both head whip up, looking at the living room entrance one they heard a gasp and then a loud thud before a loud screeching could be heard.

Louis was first on his feet, running towards the stairs where he found Harry sat in the middle of them, clutching his arm as he wailed loudly.

"Oh no. Oh no, no. Bubba. What did you do?" Louis panicked, running up those few steps Harry hadn't tumbled down. Harry only screamed louder once the man lifted him up and onto his hip.

"Shh. You're okay. You're okay." Louis gently cooed, bouncing the boy who only seemed to be letting out louder cries. "Shit Li, check his arm. He was holding it."

"Will you let me take a lookie, Bubba?" Liam cooed at the boy who had his face buried in the crook of Louis' neck, still clutching his arm.

"Noooo!" Harry screeched when Liam tried to approach.

"Daddy? Papa?" Both men look up the stairs, finding a blonde boy with disheveled hair and looked like he was just about ready to cry.

"Get him. It's fine." Louis told Liam. "Don't want him to be scared alone up there." Liam just gave a nod before retrieving the boy that stood at the top of the stairs.

Louis returned to the living room, sitting himself on the sofa with the crying boy on his lap. "Shh now, darling. Can daddy take a look at your arm, please."