chapter 17 I think

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like 3 or 4 months. Not gonna lie I kinda forgot about wattpad but I'm back now so enjoy the story :)

This story was requested by Xxbittersweet_RoseXx. I hope this is ok

Does anyone have any good chapter names? (I will choose the best and use it)

Tony POV
I was upgrading my suit when I heard the lab door open

"Hey underoos" I said looking up

"Hi Mister Stark. I have an idea for a new upgrade on your suit" he said, talking a piece of paper out of his bag, equations and theories scribbled all over it.

He handed it to me and started explaining. We got to work and after a couple of hours we were almost finished

"F.R.I.D.A.Y mute. I need silence for this next part" I said, putting the gloves suit on my hand

"Yes, sir" her calm voice filled the silence of the room.

There was a can of red bull set on a table at the other side of the lab. The only thing I had to do before finishing was test the accuracy of the blaster.

I point my hand up towards the target and…

"Mister Stark, why did you mute F.R.I.D.A.Y" Peter asks in an innocent voice

"Cause I need absolute silence, got it Pete" I say, not surprised that he would say something.

"Yes Mister Stark" he replies, sitting down. I bring up hand again and point it towards the target.

"Hey Mister Stark sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if I could do my physics homework" He interrupts, yet again.

"Sure thing Pete, just remember to keep it down" I say, getting slightly annoyed but I know he means well. I hold up my hand once again but I'm interrupted by a chewing sound.

I turn around and see the kid eating a sandwich.

"Peter, I said that I need silence" I say in a stern voice.

"Sorry" He replies, bowing his head. I feel guilty but I need to test this prototype out asap. I, once again, raise my arm and aim at the target.

I'm about to fire when I hear a loud ding come from behind me.

"PETER, SHUT THE FUCK UP" I yell. I instantly regret it as soon as I say it. He goes as still as a statue.

"Oh, I'm sorry Mister Stark. I… Uh.. will go wait in the kitchen" He says, obviously frightened.

"Hey Pete, I'm sorry I yelled" I reach out to place my hand on his arm but he flinches and closes his eyes.

"No, no, it's okay, you did tell me to be quiet" he grabs his school bag and slowly makes his way to the lab door, closing it gently. 

I've never felt more guilty.

Peter POV   
"PETER, SHUT THE FUCK UP" Mr Stark yelled. I winced slightly and stood still. No one has shouted at me like that before, not since Ben when I dropped May's antique vase on the kitchen tiles.

"Oh, I'm sorry Mister Stark. I… Uh.. will go wait in the kitchen" I try to stay as calm as possible but by the look on Mr Stark's face, it doesn't seem to be working.

"Hey Pete, I'm sorry I yelled" He says in a calmer voice. I see his arm reach out to touch my shoulder but I pull away and close my eyes.

"No, no, it's okay, you did tell me to be quiet" I pick up my bag and slowly make my way towards the door. Out of the corner of my eye I see Mr Stark’s worried and guilt ridden face, standing there, not knowing what to do. 

I start towards the window, overlooking New York City and dwell on the past memories of my Uncle Ben. The scene with Mr Stark brought back too many memories, making me feel overwhelmed.

I hear Mr Stark enter the room and walk towards me, slowly and cautiously. I don’t turn around, even when he puts his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Peter. I lost my temper and I shouldn't have yelled” He said and I knew he was struggling to apologize. I guess he has never had to say sorry for anything. I mean, he is a well known billionaire with many enemies and many more fans.

I turn around slowly and he puts his remaining hand on my other shoulder. 

“It’s not your fault Mr Stark. It just brought up some memories that I would have preferred to stay hidden away” I look down at his shoes, suddenly feeling guilty for not listening in the first place.

“Peter, I didn’t want to make you upset. Did you want to talk about it?” He asked, in a soothing voice. 

“It is alright if we watch a movie” I ask, looking up at him with my puppy dog ears. He obviously takes the hint that I don’t want to talk about it and I’m happy that he respects my decision. 

“I never could resist that puppy dog eyes” he shakes his head and laughs softly. I start walking towards the movie cabinet and pick out a movie. “But no way in hell am I watching frozen again”. 

“Too late” I say and hold up the DVD (yes, I know that a billionaire like Tony Stark wouldn’t have a DVD player or any DVD’s, he would have everything on netflix or something, but just roll with it). We make our way to the couch and I place the DVD in the DVD player.

“F.R.I.D.A.Y start cooking some popcorn” Mr Stark calls out. She doesn’t say anything but I start to hear popping coming from the kitchen. “I will always be here if you need to talk to someone” He whispers into my ear.

I will tell him everything when I’m ready.

_______

Word Count: 940