57. A Blast to victory

Start from the beginning

"Nonsense. Two hundreds push-ups a day would do you good."

Jimin serves Kimbap for Yoon-gi and IU. He stays by his side if he needs more assistance.

Yoon-gi asks, "Are you still sad about losing him?"

IU got choked. She stares him with questioning eyes.

"I heard you were his lover for many years."

"Yes. We almost got married back then."

"Lee Jun Ki was an excellent warrior."

IU asks, "Aren't you mad at him?"

Yoon-gi sighs. He stares the horizon at the far distance.

He confesses, "I almost went insane when Hyungsik died. I wanted to destroy Lee Jun Ki's corpse to avenge him."

He inhales a deep breath.

"It ain't right. Namseo King has taken his grandma as a hostage. If I were him, I would probably do the same."

IU is still silent.

Finally she asks, "That's why you ordered his cremation?"

"Yes. He was a good man. I still couldn't forgive him for Hyungsik's death. It didn't mean I should disrespect his corpse."

"You are different from other men, my King. No one has a big heart like yours."

Suddenly Jimin asks, "Something has been bugging me. Why you spare Your Majesty? Circle was his enemy for years."

IU stares Yoon-gi as if weighing her answer.

Finally she replies, "I have my personal reasons."

She stares the horizon.

She says, "Nothing last forever. My love for that man has withered away since he killed my brother."

She accepts a cup of wine from Jimin. She drinks it silently.

Yoon-gi refuses the cup. He snatches the wine bottle from Jimin. He drinks it straight from it.

He wipes his lips with his sleeve.

He comments, "I'm just a humble general. I don't think I could ever got used to this."

Yoon-gi asks, "Would you stay in Namseo after all of this over?"

"No. There is nothing left here for me."

"I see..."

Jimin tilts his head. He couldn't shake uneasy feelings.

The King and IU have walked back.

In King's tent, that afternoon...

Yoon-gi is writing another letter for his wife. He is an evil husband. He is never around when she was pregnant. His daughter, Min Yoon Jin is almost two years old now.

Jimin asks, "Your Majesty, about her wish?"

"Huh?"

"I think you should think more carefully. She is a cunning woman after all."

"She said it won't harm me. I think she only wanted to quit as the Shadow Moon leader. It's a pity. Hard to find someone like her. Smart and ruthless."

Jimin asks, "What if she asked..."

"Yes?"

"No. Never mind. Maybe I got worried for nothing. Is the princess well?"

"She is good. I'm more worried about my son. Hope I could see them soon."

The Prince has lost his right arm. He hasn't been coping well with it. He has refused to study since that day. Always slacking off.