15

Yellowfang tossed and turned in her nest, muttering in her sleep. Cinderpaw, bent over the old medicine cat, worriedly tried to decipher what she was trying to say. "Kill, kill," Yellowfang murmured. "Pack, pack."

Cinderpaw shuddered. "Yellowfang, what are you trying to say?"

Suddenly the old medicine cat's yellow eyes snapped open. "Where's Bluestar?" her voice croaked.

Cinderpaw, stunned at the sudden awakening of her mentor, quickly rose to her paws. "I'll get her, Yellowfang." She rushed out of the den and headed for the leader's den. "Bluestar?" she called as she approached the den.

Bluestar stuck her head out of the shadows of her den. "Yes, Cinderpaw? Has Yellowfang awoken yet?"

"Yes, and she's asking for you." Cinderpaw dipped her head in greeting.

Bluestar's eyes flicked immediately towards the medicine den. Yellowfang, apparently unable to wait for Bluestar's arrival, stepped out. "Bluestar... I've received a prophecy. ThunderClan is in danger." Her eyes roamed the Clan, landing at last on Tigerclaw.

Sandstorm followed Yellowfang's line of vision, shivering as she realised it was trained on Tigerclaw. With a sudden resolve, she stood. We need Fireheart back. I need Fireheart back. Only he can save the Clan.

As Cinderpaw and Bluestar conversed with Yellowfang, worry evident in their eyes and nervous movements, Sandstorm slipped out of camp.

Fireheart, picking at a mouse worriedly, looked up in surprise when he caught scent of a familiar she-cat. "Sandstorm?"

Sandstorm barged through the underbrush. Fur bristling, she whisked her tail in impatience and worry. "Fireheart, ThunderClan needs your help. Tigerclaw-"

Immediately, Fireheart rushed to her side, green eyes wide. "What has he done?"

Sandstorm shook her head, breath coming out in puffs. "Nothing yet. But Yellowfang keeps telling about a prophecy that I think is related to him. He will bring ThunderClan into ruins, Fireheart." Sandstorm paused, eyes locking with him. "Save us."

Fireheart nodded firmly, eyes hardening. Together, Sandstorm and Fireheart raced back to the ThunderClan camp, praying that it was not too late.

***

Darkstripe smirked, paws covered with the blood of a young rabbit. Tigerclaw will be pleased. It will be a redemption to my previously failed task. As he thought about that night fighting Yellowfang and the day after when Tigerclaw came searching for him, anger palpable in his eyes because Yellowfang had returned back to camp, he cringed.

Swallowing, he continued to smear the rabbit's tracks along a path to the camp. I mustn't let him down. Darkstripe flicked his tail, satisfied with his task, then raced ahead to where the Twolegs let their beasts wander.

***

Tigerclaw, back at camp, headed over to Dustpelt. Revenge glimmered in his eyes as he laid down a mouse he had picked up from the fresh-kill pile. "Share?" He mewed, paws nudging the mouse in Dustpelt's direction.

Dustpelt narrowed his eyes. "What do you want, Tigerclaw?"

"Oh nothing, just to say a little thank you for all your help prior." Tigerclaw's lips curled almost into a happy expression, waiting for a response. Dustpelt eyed him, then nodded cautiously, sitting down.

"Look, the sunlight reaches that area - shall we move over there?" Tigerclaw pointed with his tail towards a patch of dying sunlight, and Dustpelt obligingly moved over there. As Dustpelt ate the mouse, Tigerclaw sat back and watched the sky. Brilliant streaks of pink and yellow painted the baby blue sky, clouds drifting overhead, chased by the strong wind currently drifting through the camp.

Cats milled about in worry, but Tigerclaw sat there in calmness, glee building in him with every moment that passed. When Dustpelt looked up to ask if Tigerclaw wanted some of the mouse, Tigerclaw shook his head almost politely, telling him that he could finish off the mouse. His head lifted, eyes trained straight ahead - right at the entrance to the camp.

A perfect path. Straight to him.

AN:

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please give me feedback on how you think I can improve / whether you want me to add more scenes between whichever cats... 

Life has been so busy, I may not update as often but I promise you, once again, that I will not abandon this book. It just takes me more time to write out a chapter nowadays because of lack of motivation and/or tons of studies I need to get to:// (on that note, what do you guys think of the word 'productiveness' and what do you do to stay productive / how do you study?)

stay safe, stay strong. 

see you guys soon!

~ Jayhow